An HP desktop computer released in 2008.

No vgi input...monitor goes to sleep

Upon starting up my hp desktop I see the source input menu on the monitor and it states there are no vgi or dvi inputs and then the monitor goes to sleep and I have no screen to work with in order to troubleshoot this issue. Also, according to someone on YouTube, this is a dirty ram issue. So I have tried that fix with no positive outcome. I have also plugged my monitor into a laptop and it works, so it is not the monitor or the cord. What now?

SKIP THE UPGRADE

Save by fixing with an all-in-one kit.

Shop iPhone Fix Kits

SKIP THE UPGRADE

Save by fixing with an all-in-one kit.

Shop iPhone Fix Kits

Most Helpful Answer

Brent, sounds like your video card is not sending any signal to your monitor. If you use the integrated video card, try a separate video card. There are some issues with the GPU an this model and a reflow of the GPU could resolve it, but try to see what you get when you change the video card. Hope this helps, good luck.

could you explain what a GPU reflow is? i'd like to know what i'm getting into if this video card fix doesn't work.

Brent will be eternally grateful.