Colored lines/stripes on screen problem

Hey!

I bought this tablet about 6 month ago, and dropped it accidentally today (2 feet from the ground).

When I boot it up, I can barely see the samsung logo and the flashy animation, I can also see some of the apps/animations of swiping etc. So I guess the tablet still works. Perhaps a misconnection happened when I dropped it.

I watched some videos on how to remove the case, and I did not notice any misconnection :(

Help please?

Most Helpful Answer

Probably the display cable got dislodged. Make sure that it is tightly in its socket and see if that causes a change.

all the cables seem to be connected. Can you locate the display cable and tell me if it is dislodged or not? I have 0 knowledge about hardware and I do not know which cable is which..

Make sure that the orange ribbon cable at top and black ribbon cable at bottom are in their slots. If necessary, carefully detach and reattach the cables.

==Working but color is all off==

I have had my Samsung galaxy 10.1 for 1.5 years. It still works OK but the color is all off making it look something like a colored negative. No knowledge of miss use or dropping. If I hold each side and apply slightest torque the color returns to normal.

I have the exact same issue as Zeid and Stan!

I have a galaxy tab 10.1 and it slipped from a chair onto carpeted floor, barely a foot.

I've opened it up, pressed all connections in and the display is working again but the colours are all off.

Is there a fix for this?

I have a problem with my RCA tablet and the problem is probably that your lcd is out of its socket or your digitizer is no properly connected

Open the tablet, disconnect the video ribbon cable and clean the contacts thoroughly with a stiff brush, being careful not to damage the ribbon cable. Reconnect the video cable, again being very careful not to damage it and being sure it properly seated under the hinged clip. Put your tablet back together and try it now. More often than not this fixes the problem of colored stripes.

I can't believe the answers I'm reading. You can knock the cable loose by dropping it but you can't change the settings by doing that. It's the LCD that goes bad replacing mine for the second time now after dropping it it's not a big deal there's videos on YouTube

But its the cable for some of us. Just fixed it, and it WAS loose.

My samsung galaxy A 8 fell down but screen didnot broken but full coloured any solution plzzzz

Zied will be eternally grateful.