Released May 1, 2012. The first backlit eReader tablet emits a soft backlight for improved night reading. The device is simple to open up, but the components are all connected.

Can you replace Nook st/gl screen with nook st without gl?

I have a Nook Simple Touch with GlowLight with some holes showing. I also have a Nook Simple Touch with NO Glowlight. I would like to find out if the screens will interchange. Just the screens as the other case parts are different.

Thank you

Steve

Most Helpful Answer

I was wondering the same thing and my disclaimer is that I have not tried this however based on my research it is possible to switch screens. But if you were to swap a st/gl screen with a st screen without glowlight, the glowlight feature would be gone as it is integrated into the the screen. Based on the notes from the ifixit tare-down it is a strip of LED lights across the top and is integrated into the screen. Now whether or not it is possible to move the LEDs is another question, my answer would be no as the glowlight feature needs the special coated screen to diffuse the light across the whole screen.

I have both st and stgl. Yes I have replaced gl screen with non-gl screen and it functioned nicely. Be very careful though as everything is taped down and quite fragile. Hope it works for you. You simply won't have a place to connect the tiny ribbon cable for the screen lights.

haj6464

When I replaced my GL screen with a screen from a ST, the screen worked great, EXCEPT it didn't glow anymore.

Where do you find the screens for this nook?

racer3335 will be eternally grateful.