Repair guides and disassembly information for phones from all manufacturers and service providers, including Apple iPhone and Samsung Galaxy. Get everything you need to repair your phone yourself.

Removing LCD glue without damaging the digitlizer

I recently bought a LCD glass separator, i can remove the glass quiet easily, however when i come to remove the glue off the digitizer i struggle. I used a hot blade to get off what i could, then i used acetone to get off the remaining glue, it took the glue off but damaged the back light of the LCD when i plugged it in, any tips?

SKIP THE UPGRADE

Save by fixing with an all-in-one kit.

Shop iPhone Fix Kits

SKIP THE UPGRADE

Save by fixing with an all-in-one kit.

Shop iPhone Fix Kits

I'm not a chemist i don't know what acetone is.....wiki says its propane? .........well you could try alcohol rubbing alcohol that is no need to use the good stuff. No guarantee though does not work on all glues. but it is a little nicer than propane. my 2nd suggestion is a degreaser available at an auto parts store. not sure what damaged the back light was it the heat or the acetone.

Cheers, I used acetone because they use it to remove fake nails and they use the same glue. So I thought it would work. Thanks

Chris Roberts will be eternally grateful.