The PlayStation 3 (or commonly known as the PS3) is the third home computer entertainment system produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, and the successor to the PlayStation 2. It was released November 11, 2006

Why doesn't my PS3 have a signal on my TV?

I have a PlayStation 3 that will turn on, but it has no signal on my TV. I used an HDMI cable and have tried it in different ports on my TV. I even went back to the original cables that came with it to hook it up. What could be the problem?

my ps3 is doing te same now, jst wondering if u managed to get it fixed and if so what was up with it? thanks

We are having the same issue. However when I hold the power button down it only beeps once. I have tried holding it down longer but then it just turns back off. Any other suggestions? It is plugged in and everything is set up correctly...it just randomly stopped working today.

same with mine i put in fifa 13 and it froze i took out the game then it happened i couldn't turn it off and my TV said no signal?

as my tv won't let me have signal as i put in the hdmi cable into hdmi 1 and when i clicked on it it says no signal and counts down from 5 minutes then turns its self off

check to make sure that the cords are certainly put in your TV

It sounds to me like you need to reset your PS3 video settings. While turning on your PS3, hold the power button down for about 5 seconds until you hear two beeps. This should reset your video settings to basic and allow you to configure the output (composite/component/HDMI) choice.

Dudes, you guys rock. I had this issue and sure enough, it fixed it. Big hugs to all.

Thank you for ur help I was freaking out thanks slot to ur answers everyone

I got it going, the trick is to turn it off then push the ON button and leave it for a couple a seconds i waited till i heard the double beep then you get a couple of choices such as "Turn off console", and others what you want is Reset Settins as soon as you say enter you will have reset your console and start all over Time, Date and dont worry all of your score and throphies are still there you just get your ps3 to its original version you will loose you online id but youll get it back once you sing in again on playstation network.

That answer just made a small boy very happy...thank you for that

THANKYOU very much, you are a life saver...you saved my 12 yr old sons life and me from keeping his play station...THANKYOU AGAIN....HAPPY HOLIDAYS..

ok guys. i read on what ya'll did and i did it to. i reseted my ps3 but i couldn't do anything with it because i had no hdmi output so i couldn't do anything with my ps3. this is what i did and i dont know if it will work for you but it did for me. i turned off my tv, took the hdmi out, unplugged my tv for 10 seconds, plugged it back in, turned it back on and hooked up the hdmi. it said audio only at first which was progress. before that it just said no signal. then i turned off my ps3 and turned it back on and boom. working. hope this helps guys!!!

My BM said our daughter broke the PS3 but I did what u did n it came back on. Glad I could tell her that it was her POS TV n not our kid. I also told her 2 stop blaming our kid 4 something that all she had 2 do was Google a solution instead of yell n scream n blame our kids 4 everything. Thanks again buddy

Thanks soooooooo much - I got so upset when I thought my PS3 was broken.

It did t work for me ,please anymore hrlp ?

Read the comment on Walter Galan. I tried it before and it worked for me. Also, sometimes u just need a new hdmi cable

Very good post my friend. i tried the rest process of holding the power button until hearing the two beeps and while i did the successfully, it still didn't work. once i unplugged my TV however...boom!!back to working with hdmi. who knew. anyway, thanks!!

If it gives you storage error I imagine that's a bad hard drive brother! Hard drives are pretty cheap these days. Get one for 50$

You can get one for cheaper than that if you know where to look. My last HDD only cost me $30.

I took a can of compressed air and unplugged the hdmi cable and blew out the ports on the back of the ps3 and tv and the cable ends. pluged the hdmi cable back in and turned the system back on waiting for the second beep and everything started working fine again.

See my comment earlier. The short version?

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/a...

has all the instructions you need, step-by-step, in a logical sequence that will isolate the problem if you do what it says when it says to do it.

Good Luck!

also sometimes if your hdd is bad you will get no av signal replace and reformat and u will be good but first i would try what walter said first

yu make me so happpy today, today my ps3 fixed,hug hug kiss happppppy

I have tried every single advice listed above and mine still doesn't work. I was playing Oblivion and went into the main city when it froze. I truned it off and tried turning it back on. Now all I get is a "no signal" on my

tv no matter if it's through the AV connection or the HDMI. Makes not difference. I am so frustrated I don't know what to do!!!! I mean my tv won't even recogize that any devices are plugged in. My options are just tv and the direct tv p[top. Can ANYONE help me???????

I had the same issue. I turned my TV off, unplugged the HDMI cable and waited a few minutes. I plugged the TV back in and turned it on. Then I plugged the cable back in and nothing happened. I pressed and held the on button for 10 seconds and it made two beeping sounds. Once it turned back on, I took two eggs and broke them over the ps3 system. This seemed to be damaging to the system. Once the system was completely broken, I went to BestBuy and bought a new one. This actually works and is a pretty easy fix.

Thanks for the insight, I'll be sure to try.

Lightning surge went through hdmi cable and now my ps3 turns on but no signal reads on tv. I tried hooking it up with original av cables held the power button down for the 2 beeps to switch back over to main video format and still nothing. Is my ps3 fried or is there another solution please help.

Chad Amburn will be eternally grateful.