Released in 2013 Model number: ONETOUCH 7024W FCC ID: RAD386

Why is my power button intermittent?

The power button on my son's phone only works with many attempts to turn it on from the "sleep" mode. If someone calls in the phone will wake. Sometimes he is not able to wake it up at all. I saw one answer on your site for pressing the power button with the -volume button to re-boot another android type phone. Should I try this or is this problem more of a mechanical button problem? Thanks for any help...don't think he can afford to buy a new phone.

When I lock my phone with the power button the screen goes black like it usually/should do. But when I go to unlock it nothing happenes except the home button and all that lights up just not the screen... I have to turn it off multiple times for me to get in, and then the lock screen will freeze sometimes. What should I do?

My Alcatel has been died for for a couple of days now. The first day it died i put it on a charger and left it alone. After i woke up up to check my phone, it would not turn on. I tried several chargers and my charger light just wont come on at all. The abttery is un removable and i have no sd card in my phones either. What should i do. i really need my phone back on.

The power on button on my phone doesn't work anymore. I can't open my phone unless i charge it to open.. please help me with my problem..

when i put my phone on the charger the screen blinks on and off but when it's not on the charger the power button doesn't works at all.

Well, my Alcatel Onetouch decided to make me do a system update, and now it won't turn on at all.

Most Helpful Answer

I have the same problem. I found i way to turn boot the phone still though. I just have to stick a pin or similar thing in a little space in the back of the phone and hold it there for about 3 seconds and the phone will be booted. To wake the screen i just downloaded an app where i can use the power button to wake it and also downloaded an app where i can use the sensor beside to front camera to wake it.

Hi odane!

I am having the same issue. May I know whats that app where you use the sensor beside to front cam to wake the phone?

I have a called volume power, but my phone turned off and the power button don't work how do I turn it back on?

Hi siah my name is Averee. The only way I know how to turn the phone on when its dead is to do these steps together.

1st hold the volume up button then plug in your charger while holding the volume up button. You should get a black screen with 2 choices. Be VERY carefully and pick boot normal . DoNot push recovery or you will mist likely reset your phone hope this helps! PS I also use volume power app as well

Sorry I should also tell you that to move up and down on that menu use the volume up and to select use volume down !

i hit the recovery button and because my power button does not work im stuck what do i do?

I have a problem with my Alcatel onetouch fierce to where I press the power button and it won't wake up only the white light on the home button turns on but nothing else happens there's only a black screen an I have to keep on taking out my battery and putting it back in please help

I'm having the same problem as roseann

I have the same problems. It sucks. It gets annoying to have to take out my battery, put it back in, then do the same over and over just to get my phone to work. Some one please help.

How to "wake up" alcatel phone from "sleep mode" or turn on and/or off sleep mode when need it please!!!!

:'(

Phone keeps getting into a "sleep mode" and it is impossible to wake it up...

I'm having the same problem but I do t wanna factory re set my phone plz help me

Yes its hard tp wake it up what do we do after several attempts

I to have the same problem still havent found the cause of it. I have realized the problem started one time by the battery completely dieing and after awhile it just started working again and then today when my phone was disconnected from an aux cord it started back up. Really frustrating and unfortunately I still face the issue as we speak. I honestly think it is a digital problem (not a mechanical or physical) you could try the reset but be aware to backup all contacts, photos, music, programs, ect. Because it will most likely wipe everything on the phone. hope this helps a little goodluck!

-Averee

Update it is definitely a button issue !

Hi odane!

To get your phone on from the black screen u hold the volume button down and then plug in the charger and it should be a menu for recovery mode or boot plz DO NOT push recovery bc u will lose your contacts.. Press boot and it will just start your phone up again

This totally worked for me. My power on button doesn't work anymore so I have just been plugging into my charger and never letting my phone sleep so that I could turn it on. Well this morning it died and plugging it into the charger wasn't going to help this time. I tried your suggestion and now it's on again. Thanks. I would have had to wait until 8 am tomorrow for it to start up again.

turn the sleep mode off

My Alcatel Fierce has been a good phone in general up until recently and now I am beyond annoyed. I have taken such good care of this phone. :( Power button doesn't want to work. I've had to press super hard to get my phone to turn on which leads me to believe it IS in fact a mechanical issue which someone stated above. But ironically my screen sensor is out of whack toooo and always blacks out on me while trying to enter codes or selections during a call.

I have the same problem, resetting did not work for me.

my alcatel one touch 5036d fell in water. it was dried and woke up.it stared

working but when it goes to sleep mode it never wakes up .it switches off until i switch it on again. when puged into power however ,it never goes off.

what is the problem?

I accidentally pushed recovery too what do I do

Oem power button flex cable gone..normal issue which can be resolved by replacement

My power button flex cable is broken in 2 pieces, where can I get a replacement for it?

Volume power

Sorry you have to download power on app from google play. After restart the phone and power off will be on the top off screen on drop meny, power on is on volume button. Enjoy

Playstore: Wave Unlock, works great. I was having same problem with my alcatel fierce one touch, adjusting the setting to never sleep wasted battery to leave on 24/7, button on / off was unresponsive. I did not want to waste my time to fix, trade in to upgrade, I do not need another bill. Quick fix was using the app 'wave unlock' and a 'fast reboot' to keep it clean. Tip: go to settings, put sleep to never while you are installing wave unlock, and after installation is complete customize your settings on wave unlock, and on your main settings display to power off on your preference. Otherwise I had to unplug and replug the usb charger from my laptop to my cell or charger power cord to cell back and forth to turn on cell to see download status of the app. So far so good. Good luck.

today i came home from camp i charged my phone and i waited till it was fully charge and when i try turning it on (with the charger still connected to it) it turns on and just shows the battery at 100% but when i took it out the charger nothing happens it don't turn on someone please help i need this phone to work

My phone has a problems of key function... When i want to tex it don't working well.... What is the answer?

How can i fix when my pixi phone can't work well in letters and numbers

I tried press my phone button doesn't work how i fix my phone button Alcatel

Is anybody can help to resolve my Alcatel Onetouch Flash 2 problem? My back and home button is not functioning but the phone is working. Every time I'm in some of the apps or system and to get out from there I need to reboot the phone through power button. Please help.

Hi, I have the same problem since yesterday with my AF2 .

Did u found how to fix that ? thank u

Ive just started having this problem, phone don't wake up when i press the power button, after a few tries oe a very hard press it would turn on. But i found a way that helps me now. In the settings go to gestures and i can double tap to turn the screen on or off whenever i want. I have the alcatel onetouch idol3

Okay I have a Alcatel One Touch fierce XL My power button is pushed in And I can't turn on my phone What do I do

Same thing is happening with me

Yes you should this worked for mine

I've been having the same problem and my power button is broken how can I turn it on? Also my battery is unremovable

Does you phone support the function which double touch screen then it light up? If it supports that just set it.

Deb will be eternally grateful.