A 2012 Aspire, part of a series of personal computers by Acer Inc. aimed at the casual household user or for small business use.

blinking power light on laptop

When I plug the charger in the power light blinks and also 3 of the little lights on the bottom blink also. When the charger is not plugged in the lights doesn't blink. Also if I push the charger in harder to make it work my laptop shuts off.

Most Helpful Answer

chevenee, unplug the power cord, remove the battery then hold power button down for 10 seconds. Put battery back in and plug power back in. See what happens. Also, you do want to measure the Voltage on the barrel connector and see what your voltage is. As for" push the charger in harder to make it work my laptop shuts off." it does sound like a bad DC jack. you may have to disassemble your Acer and see if the board is cracked on the DC jack or if it is the solder that has cracked. Hope this helps, good luck.

My acer is doing the same, actually both of them. As soon as I start the computer and plug in my charger the power button flashes 1 blink per second and battery stops charging. I removed the battery, held down the power button for 20 secs and it started fine, I connected the charger and after 5 minutes the light did the same.

with the charger connected and no battery my computer works, is this a sign of a bad charger?

I just fixed this problem on my 5750, one of the connections to the DC jack had snapped off so was only making intermittent contact. No new parts required but I did have to strip it down to get at the problem and solder the connection back on.

The laptop switching itself off when you apply too much pressure to the dc connection is a separate issue you can deal with at the same time - the DC jack is stuck down with glue, which doesn't do the job so if you angle the power cable wrong it will move up enough to hit the power button from below. Sloppy design from Acer, but you just need to re-secure the jack so it can't move.

Hey man, I have same 5750 can I get contact with you, I have the same issue I'll uplaod a video about just need to contact some experts

I was having the same problem with my Aspire 5750, purchased in late 2011. I did the following experiments before I've came to a fix:

1- Fix the charger itself, since it had a snappy cable (it almost broke). The problem got temporarily fixed and it's charging again, but the problem worsened a month after.

2- I sent the laptop then for a further investigation, a third party shop wanted to see if the issue was in the DC jack, but it was all fine. All they did was reapply a fix to the charger itself, again.

3- The problem is gone again, but is now back only a week later. I really got !#^&@@ off so all what was left for me to do is trying a static discharge. I got both the battery and charger off , pressed the power button for a whole minute (I know it's too much but I just wanted to make sure the mobo is entirely discharged), and I plugged everything back in. HOORAY! It works like a charm now: The power light never blinks and now my laptop won't shut down when the battery is taken off.

I'm not sure what exactly fixed the issue, but I can only guess a static discharge must be done often.

my leptop off but power button light on

chevenee will be eternally grateful.