Model CUH-ZCT1. Released in November 2013 by Sony Computer Entertainment, this six-axis, 3.7 V lithium ion battery controller is uncomplicated to repair.

My left analog stick moves down alone? what should I do?

my left analog stick moves down alone? what should I do?

control already open but not found the problem

Most Helpful Answer

I found this topic after having my controller keep slowly moving upwards all the time, but thought the idea of just buying a new controller, a bit too excessive.

So I played around with various other options and finally fixed it by moving the stick in different positions and blowing as hard as I could around the ball at the base of the controller stick, to remove any dust etc which may of got inside.

It works perfectly now.

You can use the ps4 web browser to know when it's fixed, by moving the cursor in different directions and then see if it carry's on moving by itself or not

My right analog stick would move up on its own at random and I tried everything from resetting it, to opening it up to clean all of the contacts and prop up the little squishy bit that presses the plastic circuit to make contact with the circuit board. I spent about three hours trying things, putting the controller back together, trying it out, and starting over. I just found this comment and tried it out, and now it works perfectly

It work's for me,THANKS!

Marcelo Marques, that is the sign of a wore out analog controller. You will have to replace it. The controller is available at places like this This will require to unsolder the old one and then resolder the new controller. Hope this helps, good luck.

I remember on the ps3 controllers all you had to do was clean certain contacts inside the controller, is this not possible with dualshock 4? Is replacing the analog stick the only option?

Mine is new and it does it too.

Water use isnt advised as it can cause damage to electronics inside, making the issue worse. If you want to try an alternative to a repair service, try spraying compressed air onto the balls of both analogues, this will clean it out and hopefully sort your issue, never use your own breath as it can leave moisture inside, having the same effect as putting water onto it

Same as mine, my right analogue stick moves up by itself. I thought is was just a matter of replacing the entire analogue stick but seeing as that would require soldering, I would much rather use a repair service

My controller has become vice versa in gta 5

I'm not able to do this back plz help me

If you want honesty, I was reading this thread while I fixed it, I hammer punched it fairly lightly, it worked, but I could lock the analog stick to the left, I put some water on the left side of the left analog stick's ball, now it works fine!

Marcelo Marques will be eternally grateful.