The Apple iPhone 5c was announced on September 10, 2013. Repair of this device is similar to the previous models, and requires screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 8, 16, 32 GB / White, Pink, Yellow, Blue, and Green.

screen became a bar code

i went on a walk in the texas heat but it only reached up to around 70-75 degrees and then as i git home i pulled out my phone, that was placed in my back pocket, and i noticed my screen had turned this redish to grey screen that had vertical lines going down the screen making it look like a barcode. Help please i really dont know what to do

and the screen works prefectly fine i have a video of it you can see a little part of the working screen please someone help

Most Helpful Answer

In the back pocket you may have damaged the lcd. I would try a Home+Power to reset the phone. If that doesn't work, you can try powering down, lifting the glass and re-seating the cable connections. Also, from what you stated, it is plausible that when you sat down there could have been a coke can, or anything behind you that could have spilled into the phone and dried out without you even noticing (but, in that case I would suspect many more issues popping up).

If none of the above works, order a new screen and give it a try. But, honestly, when I typically see a white screen AND banding, and reseating the cables doesn't work, 99% of the time it's a faulty lcd (or in the case of replacing the screen a cable accidentally gets crimped/damaged). :(

Alyssa will be eternally grateful.