Also known as the GS70 Stealth, this 17" gaming laptop was released in summer 2013 by Micro-Star International.

How can fix my msi gs70 spacebar?

Whenever I click the spacebar on the outer (left or right) edges I have to click really hard for the laptop to register it as a key press. Sometimes no matter how hard I press or if I even hold down the spacebar key it won't register a click. It works fine if I press near the middle.

My spacebar,Z, and S key arehavingthe same issues

Steel series doesn't know keyboard engineering. We are the victims. Ideally Space bar should contain 3 sensors [left , mid, right]. We have to suffer because we chose MSI and MSI has chosen Steel series and Steel series has chose an engineer lacking common sense.

http://xoticpcforums.com/showthread.php?...

well known common manufacturer defect

you can mitigate it, but you may not be able to fix it. The mitigation involves opening the case and inserting something to protect the cable where it wraps over the motherboard, passed an unused connector.

Most Helpful Answer

I noticed similar issue, and fixed it by:

1. Carefully pop out the space key. (I use may nails)

2. Turn it over, glue a piece of paper to the center of the key. Size like 5mm x 5mm. I used high quality printing paper. (I also tried using business card paper, but it was way too thick)

3. Push space key back to the keyboard.

In 2016 it's still valuable solution!

MSI GS70 z, s, spacebar,6,7 problem is completely hardware problem. To fix it clean ribbon cable silvery parts must be cleaned by a piece of eraser and fix it to keybpad connector firmly. roblem repeat itself again in time. follow: https://youtu.be/FpVuzisn0-c

Sul Sul

I have the same laptop but in additon to the spacebar my "s" and "z" buttons are not working properlly. They don't work at all or they do more instertion than intendet whcih ressults like this; zzzzz sssss ech. thanksss, zzzero and multiple space touchs.

Any sugestions?

I have the same issue, but it only happened when I upgraded to windows 10. Were you able to find a solution?

I have the same issue as ozanerkan. My 'S','Z','6','7' buttons don't work all the time and also spacebar touches twice or three times.

My MSI GS70 keyboard had the same problem. Turns out there is a pin on the motherboard that protrudes from the green part of the board, and touches the keyboard flex cable (which curves to reach it's connector) and damages exactly the line that links those keys. Mine had problems on space, S, 7, Z, numlock and windows key.

IF YOU CAN, RMA YOUR NOTEBOOK SO THEY REPLACE YOUR KEYBOARD OR CABLE.

To fix it, I added a bended plastic between the cable and the motherboard (to stop the protruded part from damaging it more) and pushed the damaged part back and put some electrical tape on both sides. It's not an ideal solution, but I can't RMA my notebook at the moment, so that will have to do.

I have the same problem, but it didn't start happening until after I upgraded to windows 10. I tried reverting back to 8.1, but still have an issue. Find it hard to believe that its a hardware issue.

Same with me, after windows 10, my GS70 has issues with S and Spacebar. Sometimes intermittent. Possibly it is just coincidence. I might have to go try robusting the flat flex keyboard cable. Anyone else?

does anybody know where you can order a replacement cable?

I had this problem, i bought some double sided sticky pads i had laying around and without removing the space bar carfully lifted it just enough to push the pad inbetween the white plastic thing and the spacebar key cap itsself it doesnt look any different and works just the same but without the miss click :) hope this helps !

To get help related to all MSI Laptop then call MSI Laptop Technical Support.

I just wanted to point out that this issue is still present in MSI's newer notebook lineup with the Pascal GPUs. I was able to resolve the spacebar issue on my GS63VR (GTX 1060) using the same technique. Be sure to be very careful removing the spacebar, or any key for that matter.

wadwadadyadadyaudndhda

msi have to be sorry about this issue. i had too..

i removed the space bar. but i could not placed it again. is there any tutorial to place it again?

tomas will be eternally grateful.