16 Hp Kohler engine. Won't Start, no fire. Why?

Have a 16 Hp Kohler engine. Model CV16S - 43519.

Will not start. Has no fire at spark plug wire. Is full of electronics. Looking for Site or Help in how to test the Engine Rectifier, Stator, Engine Module and Digital Module.

The engine spins freely with starter, but will not start at all. Acts like it may start when you let up on the key, but doesn't start.

All these parts are expensive to replace. I'm looking for any help to be able to test and fix without replacing all the parts on the mower to get it running.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.'''

See if you can get the service manual from http://www.kohlerengines.com/manuals/lan... here. The model number you posted does not yield any return.

Thank you for the response. I'm like you, I can't find the manual for this model on that site.

Do you know if I can replace the ignitor module with a standard one, and do away with the digital module? Do you know of any way to test the digital module or if I can bypass this somehow? It seems that everywhere I look, I run into road blocks and find no information for this motor, except for the Craftsman site (which is no help).

Read the spark plug first to try to see what has been going on. A plug in normal condition has a thin layer of light-brown deposits on it. If you see a thick layer of black carbon deposits, it's a sign that the carburetor mixture is too rich -- your engine may even be smoking. Electrodes that have been worn thin are a sign of overheating, often caused by too much ethanol in the gas. If your plug has wet, oily deposits, it's time to take the mower in for servicing, because oil is leaking into the combustion chamber where it shouldn't be.

Other Engine Problems

If your spark plug appears to have normal wear -- or if you've just installed a new one -- and the engine doesn't fire, you can check the plug by replacing the spark plug wire with a tester and pulling the starting rope. If you don't see a spark on the tester, there may be a problem with the ignition coil of the flywheel to which it's attached. The ignition coil doesn't frequently develop problems, but the connection between the flywheel and coil or between the starting pulley and flywheel can wear out, and the coil may not be turning. Replacing the worn part isn't difficult, but you may need a pro to properly disassemble the engine.

Thank you. have Good day

try removing the white wire that worked on my mower

Jeff will be eternally grateful.