The Samsung Galaxy S3 is a multi-touch, slate-format smartphone with eye-tracking ability, increased storage, and a wireless charging option.

Why is my screen black but everything else works?

I dropped my S3 in the toilet. I tried the rice trick; it did not work. I took it apart and tried to clean out any water corrosion. After i did that, it worked... but there was a slight purple screen discoloration. I sent it into Samsung and they ruled that it was beyond repair because of a pad that had lifted on the IF connector. When they sent it back, the screen no longer worked. It charges fine and turns on. I can hear the unlock screen when I touch it, but the screen is completely black. What can I do to fix this, if possible?

my phone is its not displaying but everything is work well because when i put on its showing that everything is ok

I have a problem with my phone.

I dropped it with its Otter Box on.

The phone is fully functional other then i cant see anything. It's just a black screen.

I'v been playing music on it.

It happend yesterday around 5:30pm !! HELP!!!! PLEASE !!

I have a problem with my phone i dropped it and it works but all i see is a black screen !! HELP PLEASE !!!

I dropped my samsung galaxy avant and the screen isnt cracked just half the the screen isnt working and the other half is so i only see half my phone and the half thats black has a couple glitch lines

I drop my phone in the toilet I took it out and dry it then I put it in rice ,the next morning I took it out and it was working the only problem was that I couldn't see anything .it was black completly

Take some rubbing alcohol and a toothbrush and gently scrub the LCD connection pins on the motherboard and the cable coming from the screen. I had the same problem as you, except my phone was dropped in a cup of beer. Works like a charm.

I dropped my phone in water as well. I took out the motherboard at the time and let it dry. The phone worked fine for 8 more months....then BLAM the screen went dead just like OP. Then I cleaned the connections with alcohol as Colt suggested. This worked like a charm. Thanks Colt!

I have notice one more thing in this problem when ever i warm s3 screen with hot air it works fine for few hour and then it back to black screen again and every time this trick works for few hours.

I didn't drop my phone is water or anything. yesterday night my phone fell out of my pockets it was fine but then a couple of mins. later the screen started turning pink and when I got home the pink spot was getting bigger and now there was blue. Today in the morning when I woke up my screen is completely blue and where the pink had first showed up my screen is BLACK. What can I do? I can't afford a new phone at the moment. HELP PLEASE

Your screen may be sensitive to cold. I put mine face down close to my body and in a minute or so it comes right back on. I Keep it in a warm area andhave no problem since.

instead of using rubbing alcohol can i use saline solution?

Hello Mickey,

It sounds to me like your lcd has gone out, it is unfortunate that Samsung couldn't repair it however it is very possible to repair the lcd and digi.

I would check out ebay for the part if you feel confident in your ability to tear it down (its rahter easy) however remember that in cell phone repair you get what you pay for!! Look for OEM grade A parts they are pricery but don't break in a week. Also if this doesn't fix the problem and it is simply because of the water damage you can return it!

Follow the tear down guide and then rebuild it onto the new frame, if you need any help let me know!

Hope this helps and good luck!

Hey, My screen is also black but I didn't drop it in no liquid. I had my charger in the bed on top the phone and I slept on them both. The next morning my phone had a small purple spot in the corner. Within 2 weeks the dot spreading and now the whole screen is black. I believe it can be fixed because when I was able to see I would screen shot the black spot in the corner and people would say they don't see it. So I believe its not exactly in the phone. BUT I want to know what I need to get it fixed. The phone is still on I still get calls and etc. but cant answer. What do I need to fix it??? SOMEONE HELPP MEE!!!

same problem with me too any information you get please share

my phone fall down from my hand on floor nd had a purple marks on screen after some hours it got black..now my phone is on msgs nd calls r cumng but i cant see ny thng..my phone is in warranty..plz help me..

metoo this problem please help me.sir

I think mine is different I'll have this old phone a Nokia c3 while playing music in it placed on a table, then when i placed my new phone. A smart phone on top of my c3 the display of my new phone started to blink like a florescent bulb that it's about to give up. Then my phone locked and dim the screen. When i move my new phone away from the c3 it started again to blink to completely black. Everything's working. The display touch screen is working but the display is like off(what the fck). What i did is circle around my c3 at the back of my new phone and something like magnet forced the phone to lock by itself. The display lit up again but the problem now is. The colors are weird. The highlights on the skin are off. I can't explain it very well what it looks like but imagine when your editing a photo. The highlights on the skin are reduced. Or decrease. Something like that. Please help me!! Btw my phone is only a mid range local brand. But please help!

I downloaded Viber then my screen went black

The phone works except for I can't see it. I've tried every possible fix, even took it apart and cleaned the display connector with rubbing alcohol and Q tip

I downloaded Kids to try a factory restore but sadly it doesn't have that option. And it doesn't recognize your phone as needing any updates do it is of no use. I give up. I can't root it if I can't see the screen as well

Sorry not Kids Should kies 3.

Is it is a samsung device.

Find a way to reaset it if it was an app that did it then deleteing it might fix it

Thank you..Sorry, I am just seeing your reply now. I did do that. I hooked it up to my pc and went to the files. I deleted Viber. But, when I rebooted the phone to the pc again Viber was there. I deleted it every which way I could but couldn't get it to stay away. It keeps coming back when I book up the phone and check it on the computer. The phone is sitting in a box now until I can find an answer. I've since bought an asus Zenfone 2 laser and am using it. But, I did like my samsung to take out with me as I loved the bright flashlight on it. Just to note: My phone went weird when I downloaded Viber. The battery dropped about 40 per cent after downloading Viber within seconds. Then I laid it on the table for a minute. When I picked it up the screen was dead and it hasn't worked since. That was December. There is no way for me to reset it as I can't get into the bios. And, it won't reset on Samsung's pc desktop software.

Yes, it's a Samsung S3

Hi ! I found this article when I was searching on the web. (So I am new here)

I replaced the broken screen of my samsung galaxy s3, the phone works, the sounds are working... the screen in still black. Why? Do I have to replace more pieces ?

My screen is black i took it in to get it fixed i have two batteries and both of them are the same black screen what can i do i pay for service and now both batteries after being charged are the same i took the phone in he checked it out now i am paying for service that has a black screen what can be done they did try but its the same as yesterday?

mickey johnson will be eternally grateful.