The PlayStation 3 (or commonly known as the PS3) is the third home computer entertainment system produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, and the successor to the PlayStation 2. It was released November 11, 2006

when I load playstation home the ps3 freezes.

I was gonna play playstation home and wheni loaded it it froze up on me

is it my ps3 or home?

It sounds like the Playstation Home install is corrupted. I would delete it from the hard drive and download/install it again. If that doesn't solve the problem, there is also the possibility that it could be a bug in the Playstation Home software. I doubt that your PS3 is at fault. Are you able to play any other games downloaded from the PSN network?

I refuse to buy those 9.99 junky games

id rather buy MGS4 instead(own it)

If you can play other games and movies OK, then it is possibly PlayStation Home (the software), or the PlayStation Home disk.

Have you played/used Home before? If the disk worked before and does not work now, you may need to clean the disk.

I use a microfiber cloth and cool (not hot) bottled water to clean my DVDs and CDs. I have never cleaned a Blu-Ray disk, but that should work as well or better, due to the harder surface on the Blu-Ray disks

It is also possible that your PS3 lens is dirty - try cleaning it with either a CD lens cleaner disk, a DVD lens cleaner disk, or a Blu-Ray lens cleaner disk.

If the disk is brand new, and you clean the disk and the PS3 lens, and you still have the freeze booting up Home, then try exchanging the disk for a new PlayStation Home disk.

Here in the US, almost every store will exchange a new disk for free for 2-4 weeks after purchase when you have your receipt.

yes i have used it before

and also i have a system thats out of warranty

its software that you can download and install opitonally

Playstation Home is not on a disc. It's download only.

I was speaking to PSN support earlier, it seems to be a common problem, its happening to me, but it will let me into home on my old account, it just freezes on my main account. The guy in support said this was common too. He said they are working on the problem and thought it would be fixed in the next couple of days. He suggested clearing my cache, obviously by accessing home by my old account but it didn't work for me.

My playstation home freezes when I go to a destination I don't know why but it just does I tried deleting it multiple times and it still wouldn't work I even thought making space would work but it doesn't

ugh how long till they fix it

Nick will be eternally grateful.