0

philip
1

headphone jack doesnt recognise the jack untill I apply pressure

I insert my headphones but nothing happens untill i apply pressure around the speaker and jack port componant then it works sometimes popping and crackling.When i pull the headphone jack out the phone will not go back to its external speaker untill pressure is applyed again.Been pulled open and cleaned do i need to replace the speaker componant or is there a sneaky trick.

0

TeamMyPhone
37

Sounds like you either have dust or dirt in your headphone jack, which can be removed with a thin object such as an unfolded paperclip, or you just need a replacement. The headphone jack is part of the speaker housing assembly on the SIII. It's a very easy fix. About 8 screws or so, can't remember exactly, located behind the back plastic cover. Just unplug the old and plug in the new. Part isn't very expensive either I don't believe. Can be found on repairseunivers.com