Line of laptop computers aimed at the small business market, designed to replace the Dimension line of laptop computers.

laptop does not turn on

My laptop does not turn on. Whether it is used with battery or with cord, the laptop does not start.

Do you have any suggestion which laptop's component does not work? Or maybe how to verify if the laptop receives electricity or not?

Have you checked to make sure that your AC adapter works? If it does, you will have to check to see if the dc jack gets power, for that you will have to disassemble your computer. Use a multimeter on the DC adapter and see if it gets power. If it does, check the on/off switch with a multimeter and see if it has continuity when you activate the switch. What model Vostro is it?

Thank you for answer. It is a Dell Vostro A860 (it is an old model). I can say that the laptop receives electricity because while the cord is pluuged, a blue light is on. Maybe I will have to ask for a service, because I believe that the motherboard is dead. It can be a cause.

Dan, try this first:

1. Remove the battery and power supply.

2. Hold the power button down for 30-45 seconds

3. Release the power button

4. Put the battery back in and plug in power supply

5. Push the power button and it should power up.

Let us know what happened. Hope this helps, good luck.

Dan will be eternally grateful.