Repair guides and support for your Samsung TV.

No Signal Error from HDMI connections

HDMI connections on the back of the Samsung 40" LCD TV LN40B610A5FXZC are not working.

We did try this. We found that out of five HDMI connections only 2 work, with one signal taking over another connection. My husband is going to try a factory reset. With the busy Easter weekend, we haven't tried this,yet. I will keep you informed if it works. Thanks for the quick reply. :)

Any solution to this? I am having the same problem.

Worked like a charm on Samsung led tv 40" thank you

Worked like a charm for me too. I was a little concerned as all of my HDMI ports stopped working, but a simple reset and it was all working again!

and how do you do a simple reset?

Try this Krystal:

1. Disconnect all HDMI sources from the inputs.

2. Unplug the power from TV/LCD for 10 minutes.

3. Plug the TV/LCD back in.

4. Connect the HDMI cable one device at a time.

5. Turn on the device (ex. PS3).

6. Repeat steps 4-5 for each HDMI port.

Let me know if this doesn't work and we will continue to troubleshoot your issue.

Yep - just had this issue on a Samsung Plasma 3D Full HD - worked perfectly, thanks!

OMG I can't believe this actually worked!! Spent the last 5 hours trying to get our Samsung Series 7 LED TV hooked up to a new AV reciever (worked just fine on old reciever) and all HDMI ports were saying "no signal" to our PVR. The 10 minute trick worked a treat - unbeliveable.

Thank you! My 51" F8500 started having the same problem after working perfectly for a week. Unplugging fixed everything.

It worked once but now again it's the same problem.

It says No signal. Connecting my Xbox btw.

Mahalo Gary, it worked. Was worried this t.v, was broken. Really appreciate it, life saver

If you hold the exit button for 30 seconds (sometimes not that long), a box will come up asking if you want to set back to factory settings. This works on most Samsung TVs. I found it easier than the mute 182 thing.

Wished I had seen this earlier - a fast fix to a problem we had been attributing to the cable box

If you need to do a Factory Mode reset on your TV you will need to power off the TV and then on your remote control press Mute 182 Power simultaneously. The TV will turn on with a secret menu and all you will have to do is press enter a few times and the TV will do a deep Factoy Mode Reset just like the TV came out of the box new! There is also a way to reset the HDMI ports in that menu as well.

Did it work? Cuz i'm trying to connect my led with desktop through hdmi port but no signals so far. :(

I've done a factory mode reset on customers TV's and it has fixed the problem. Sometimes it doesn't fix it though. I would also try a different HDMI cable that you know works and see if it works as well. You also should change the name of the HDMI source yoiur using on your TV for the computer to PC or PC/DVI for better resolution on the TV.

Mute 182 Power simultaneously?

Don't have enough fingers to do that.

Could you please rephrase that?>

press the buttons sequentially, not simultaneously.

Thanks Gary!

We like your first answer only would I prayed can you tell me why the HDMI of myself lost in memory TV?

Thank you in advance.

only thing i can think of is restart and unplug for 10 min . because this can be easy fix with right steps

follow all the steps mention in this article Fix-Laptop is not connecting with TV using HDMI Port and i hope this will get you the help and fix the issue .

I'm am having the same issue with our 2011 Samsung 58"plasma TV. I have tried different inout, different hdmi cables, factory resetting the cable box, factory resetting the TV, and taking off the back panel and ensuring everything was plugged in snuggly and that dust wasn't a problem... but nothing seems to be working.

The TV recognises if the hdmi cable is plugged into a device, but when it detects that device and I am on the proper input source (ex: HDMI 1) it says "no signal."

I don't know what else to try. Any suggestions?

Well, I finally had success the next day, getting back to being able to view our regular cable programming channels. After live chatting with a samsung tech support guy for half hour late Friday night, and he saying I needed a samsung remote (which I had lost in a move two yrs ago), so I could use the "SOURCE" button to go between cable and HDMI, etc. So I called Best Buy the next morning (Saturday) to see if they had it they only told me they have "universal" remotes. I went there in the evening. Store guy said I had to get the programmable remote but then he showed me the buttons on the back of the samsung tv's in their store that work also as a "source" button! I had never seen a power button or any other button on the back or along the bottom of our tv, so I bought the $76 remote and on the way home, my spouse says "lets look at the user manual again to see if there are buttons somewhere we couldn't see. We figured out that the front of the tv at the bottom right there has nothing written there, just the sleek black frame around the flat screen, but we began pushing on the front in different places and, voila, the "source" choices showed up on the tv screen and then we had cable back again!! Going to return the remote we just bought and never opened. Such a relief. But why the Samsung tech support person didn't give me this info is what I couldn't understand and then I get the solution from a guy my age (61) at a Best Buy! Anyway, thought some of you might be interested in this info and update. Oh, and I then chatted with another samsung person and she said the guy I had previously chatted with needed additional training and she would tell her manager about him.

I have a US Smart TV and have been having power and video issues for awhile since I moved to Germany. Found out that the power here uses 50HZ instead of 60Hz. Anyway I have been unplugging my TV when it is not in use and it hasn't acted up since. I also made sure to update the systems firmware. Maybe this suggestion can fix some issues.

Good Luck!

I had no luck with the reset and turning the TV off, I noticed an access panel at the back of the TV near to where my HDMI and cable plugin etc.

It had only one screw so I decided to see what it gave access too, so wearing rubber gloves (you never know) and unplugging the TV (of course) I decided to check inside.

I found several small circuit connectors hooked up to the interface circuit board, I made sure they where securely plugged into their respective sockets and made sure all the wires where seated nicely (pretty much by pushing them further in), I turned the TV back on and it worked like a charm I can now see my media PC again in glorious 1080p, so it was just a loose connection to the interface board, I taped the cables into position to make sure they don't move again with electrical tape, done :)

I have a Panasonic DVR connected to a Samsung UA55JU7500 Smart TV and experiencing long delay (up to 15 mins) for them to connect.

Solved the problem by setting the HDMI output of the Panasonic DVR to 1080i instead of 1080p .

The two now connect almost immediately.

Hpoe this helps

With Verizon I was getting no signal HDMI messages and eventually just unplugged everything and then untangled the wires so that they weren't touching anything especially each other. This seems to have solved the problem.

My configuration: Old 42"sumsung TV, Old Vaio Notebook with Nvidia GT8400 chip. I did everything from ound Ic's, one Signatel and one from Nvidia. During initial windows install the Sigmatel IC was enabled.

Disabling sigmatel the computer enebled automaticaly the Nvidia sound output.

That solved the problem

Select the source you want to fix (i.e hdmi) then goto info /menu/ mute/power through remote then try toggling the options until it says "success" or until you see the screen

I fixed my problem with hdmi out my motherboard ga ma 78gm us2h with built in graphic card ati radeon hd 3200 after 10 days i was no sleep by those steps:-

1- make Bois vga out on (D-sup / HDMI) or (vga /HDMI).

2-unplug all cables inside motherboard i mean power supply cables, data and sata, front panel cables and try with minimum cables inside motherboard may be something conflict with other like me

3- Try another HDMI cable

I hope it is works with you guys last thing i found that ccc version is not important because hdmi out work like vga (d-sup) thats what i noticed in final

Good luck

On my Samsung LN32A330J1D TV, my HDMI input ports show "no signal" or "check cable". I replaced my T-con board this past week(because YouTube showed me how!) because of a screen issue, and since putting the TV back together, I now have the problem with HDMI ports. I did the 10 minute thing and the factory reset(the 30 second "hold exit button" worked for accessing service menu), and I still the problem. Comcast is coming today to see if it might be the cable box, although it works with another TV. I'm perplexed!

I have tried connecting my Samsung 32" to the cable boxes at three different locations in the house that I know work with the currently connected TV and I get the same result---no signal at either HDMI port. Is it possible something went array when I replaced my T-con board? I'm going to try to connect a simple coax from the cable box to the TV to see if I get anything.

I cancelled Comcast because I don't think it's their equipment at fault.

I also had this problem. Brought a brand new Samsung 40" LED TV and tried connecting two different Samsung laptops. The screens would just go dark for a few minutes and then I'd get a "No Signal". By trial and error I found that the issue was with the cable not connecting to the laptop. If you push the cable all the way into the HDMI port on the laptop it won't work. Try to pull out the cable a little bit. Not sure if the cable is faulty or there is some issue with the laptop's ports. The cable in question came with an STB and works well with it.

31" 2011 Samsung Smart TV

After wasting 2 hours in a Samsung chatroom last week ,a solution ventured by Samsung to upload some software didn't work . That same night my email was hacked for the first time in 20 years . Just saying.

My 31"2011 Samsung Smart TV was never happy with the HDMI cable ,then stopped working altogether and I was giving it a final shot by reading this ifixit guide .

I switched off at the plug ,connected an iPad Pro with an HDMI cable ,turned on the iPad then switched on the plug again , powered up and went to the source button ,linked up to HDMI 1 , and Bob's your uncle.

I did try the routine to factory reset the TV but failed after several attempts. If anyone knows how to do this I should be grateful for suggestions

46" 2010 Samsung Smart TV.

In May 2017 after a power outage, all HDMI ports recognized there was something plugged in but couldn't read the signals from those boxes. So I did a factory reset listed in an earlier post. For my television this worked:

Power off television and unplugged for 10 minutes.

Disconnected the Roku and the Blu-Ray

Pressed Mute, 1, 8, 2, Power (on the remote -- in that order)

Television turned on with Factory Reset screen

Chose "Option"

Chose "Factory Reset"

The television automatically turned itself off.

Pressed "Power"

Television turned on with the original set-up menu.

Plugged in each of the devices and HDMI ports worked as if it were new.

We just got Xfinity installed. It was working fine with our older (2016) Samsung TV. However, last night I was entering codes into my Xfinity remote, setting it up to control the Audio system. Suddenly the TV went to blue screen and I cannot get it back. The HDMI inputs will not recognize anything. PC, Roku, Xfinity, all do not work. Other inputs work fine. Cables are good (checked them on another TV and they worked). I took the Samsung into another room and plugged it into a cable box that was working with a different TV. HDMI still did not respond. Just a blue screen. I did a Samsung "Mute 182" factory reset. No help.

I'm stumped. It's got to be an easy reset of some sort, or a code or something. I tried powering off the cable/Roku boxes. When they power up, the TV shows that they're powering up because I'm seeing the power up messages and the Roku logo on the screen. But then everything goes out.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm totally losing my mind on this...

After all thing i do,last option,change mainboard.my problem solve.

Krystal Shapland will be eternally grateful.