MacBook Pro does not boot
I started to have some issues lately with my MBP 15" MID 2009 UNIBODY. It started to freeze on unexpected moments. When I for example tried to open a new tab in Chrome or just tried to close an application, the complete OS (latest Mavericks version) froze. When I try to do a hard reboot it gets stuck on the spinner.
- MacBook Pro 15" mid 2009 unibody
- 8 GB (non original RAM but has been working fine)
- Latest version of Mavericks installed, has been working fine for some time now
- Superdrive not working but don't really need it anymore
This is what I already tried:
- Reboot: gets stuck on gear and fans go crazy
- Reboot in safe mode: gets stuck on gear / progress bar and fans
- Reboot single user + fsck check: gives me message "The volume Macintosh HD could not be verified completely."
Anybody can tell me what's wrong? I am happy to replace any parts if needed. Thanks in advance!
All MacBook Pros come built with Intel i5 or i7. Which depending on the year, they've always been generally hot. Intel just runs hot. So that's why your fans are going crazy on the spinner.
This is a pretty drastic measure, but I suggest you reinstall your OS.
I know you've installed it recently, but maybe it wasn't installed correctly, and maybe not even on your part.