iPod overheat when charging, then it's dead
This is my first question here, looking for some confirmation on my findings.
I have an iPod 3rd Generation 64 GB which its battery was depleted and when I put it to charge it started to overheat a lot, at the back bottom of the device. Needless to say, I could not make it work afterwards, not even in DFU or anything.
I found the below, which suggest some cleaning an ultimately a battery replacement:
From a local store I have been told the "Dock assembly" needs replacement.
What do you think? Does it sound like the battery or dock assembly? If the second, can you point me to where I can get some parts?
Is this a good question?