Compaq Presario v2000 laptop.

Device does not power on after re-assembly

I replaced the power jack on Presario V2000. After re-assmbly, it does not power on. I believe I have connected everything properly. Can someone help please???

Rodrigues, when you say you've replaced the power jack, does that mean soldering as well?

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

Hi Gary, thanks for your reply. . , that involved soldering as well. In fact while I was reassembling twice the laptop powered on. However it was starting automatically and was not rezponding on the power button. There was nothing on the display also. Now even that's not happening. Any idea what could be wrong? Thanks again. . Regards,RoRodriguez

You say it powered up on its own without a battery or power source? that's weird! Might I ask what led you to replace the power jack in the first place? Is it possible something might have been fried before or after the soldering?

Rodrigues will be eternally grateful.