The HTC Evo 4G LTE is an Android smartphone developed by HTC Corporation to be released exclusively by Sprint.

The application (process com.android.vending)has stopped unexpectedly?

Google Play was accidentally uninstalled. I reinstalled it and now get the error message, "The application (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." Is there a way to save my phone? It's running Android version 4.1. I've only had the phone 4 days.

A preference file or daemon might have been removed when you deleted Google Play. Google Play is installed with OS. Might not be a good idea to delete this App. I would back up my contacts and important information and just hard rest the phone.

Am I tambien me Paso

It happened to me too!

Play store can't normally be removed unless root access is granted. If you have root access, just properly install the proper Gapps. Gapps are all Google product apps that are preloaded into a single package for that phone. (They must be installed in recovery.)

If you do not have root access, do a full factory reset.

*****UPDATE*****

For those of you that this does not apply too and your phone was never rooted and is doing this at random, and a factory reset does not work you need to flash a new image to your phone. (ive seen viruses that corrupt the stock rom image so the user could not factory reset to get rid of said virus)

MODEL - PROGRAM

samsung - Kies/kies lite

LG phone - LG PC suite

...more will be added, just google

I fixed it, look up the Google play site on the browser of your phone and enter into it through the browser, search it in Google I don't remember off the top of my head, but you open Google play through the browser not the app. When it opens it fixes the error of not being able to open Google play, and you will now be able to use the app

All you have to do is:

1. remove battery

2. remove sd card

3. put battery back in phone

4. turn on phone

5. reset phone

6. wait till phone is fully reset

7. remove battery

8. put sd card back in phone

9. put battery back in phone

10. turn on phone

And that should do it. the downside is that you might lose some apps you downloaded unless they were on your sd card.

This works. I had the same problem as the person originally stated, and none of the method's but this one worked. Just make sure u backup contacts to your SD card.

Thanks xD

if you have dual sim then exchange the position .

I went to the POWER OFF AND RESTART. when phone came back on, it was fine.

if you have root access

using root browser application delete the folder for com.android.vending

path for which is /data/data/com.android.vending

thank you very much!!!!! u my life saver!!!

Thnk u so mch for yr hlp

My google play store has stopped my phone is giving me a problem so plis help me.

Listen me. The only one efficient option is Reset your device. But before do it not forget to take backup of your important data like contact numbers, pictures etc. For Reset go to Menu -> Settings-> Privacy-> Factory Reset-> press it.... Thereafter your problem will difinitely solve.

Pramod Kumar Sahu

oh my god. such a saverrrr. thank you so much.

its working thank you sir

i tried alot of this answers but all not works still the same

then i found other way to download apps without phone play store

1- open google play on ur computer

2- login using ur google account

3- search from application which app u want

4-install it on ur computer and it will install at ur phone automatically

5-after install u will have message " package not found " press ok then it will open " play store at ur phone

6- download and install all apps u want

thanx

Well , actually I too have this problem sometimes ago. I can provide a method, it might also work for you.

Your mobile is a smartphone & working on android, now let's start.

-> Go to "Settings -> (Scroll down a little bit)

-> Application manager or Apps

-> then tap on the menu key(it's on the top right of your screen in new android versions ; three dots) or as

your device suits

-> tap "reset app preferences"

-> Confirm "Reset apps"

-> exit .

It's done .. if it works , good ; no , try searching on internet. :)

Perfect. It worked for me.

Thanks Bibhu, it worked on my android 4.4.2.

I followed as instructed by you. On completion nothing seemed to b happening. I re-booted my ph. It was done. The play store was at place like before. Now ph function is fully OK.

try booting phone in safe mode click https://goo.gl/mvLPZn see if this fix your issue .

Check that you havnt been infected by a VIRUS !

RESETING your device to factory defaults should help you to get rid of a VIRUS, but if you dont know where you infected your device you might get infected again :(

http://androidforums.com/threads/android...

I fixed a couple of these before they all have to do with google play store. Just clear the data and uninstall the updates on the app and you should be good to go.

Steps:

Settings

Apps

Google Play Store

Friends I Had this issue 1 month Ago and this is How i fixed it .

• Restart Your Phone
  • If Possible Back up Your Data and Contacts .
  • Now Perform A factory Reset On Your Phone . https://fixingblog.com/factory-reset-and...
  • After Reset Please Update the latest Version Of Software For Your Phone .

This Should Fix The Issue .

thanks

One way to fix it is to copy the APK for the play store from a similar device. Maybe sure you have USB debugging enabled and download the APK using adb:

adb shell pm list packages -f | grep vending

adb pull /data/app/com.android.vending-1/base.apk # or whatever path was listed

then attach the broken phone and install the app:

adb install -r base.apk

You might need to confirm settings on the phone itself while you install.

Anyway, this worked for me.

Install Another android based OS if nothing works

Go into your setting > Manage Apps > Google Play Store > Clear Cache.

Should do the trick. Otherwise like stated before a quick factory reset will do the trick but will also remove any and all data so be sure to take what you need.

Nope, that does not help I have done that a couple of times already and the irritating messages keeps haunting me. I thought I was the only one with this problem, so I think the problem lies with the manufacturer of the device

http://theunlockr.com/how-tos/android-ho...

Another website, dedicated to do it yourself. It is primarily electronics and how step by step walthroughs of how to root your devices, and even disassemble them without voiding warranty. Although in some cases where you would need to un-root your device there is a special un-root section, make sure you check if that section is available before you root your device in case you want to go back to stock.

I fixed the error on my phone. By following this guide http://www.iphonehelping.com/67/applicat...

I tried Timmy's advice above and it worked like a charm. Thank you.

timmy......your answer worked!!!! thank you so much!!!!!!

Shelly Rogers will be eternally grateful.