The third generation of the Samsung Galaxy tablet with a 7-in. screen announced on June 24, 2013. Repair of this device requires screwdrivers and prying tools. The device is available in white or gold brown with 8, 16, or 32 GB of storage, and includes a microSD slot that can hold up to an additional 64 GB of memory.

Damaged Charging Port. How do I Replace it?

I bought the SM-T210RZWYXAR, and the charging port got damaged. It was still under warranty, but Samsung wanted to repair it for a $99 charge because of their policy. I wanted to know where to buy the part and how to repair it. I can do the soldering if I have to. Thanks.

Any updates on how you fixed it?

My pins in the charger port have broke how much is this going to cost me

I have this same problem can intake it to one of your locations to get it fixed

i dont know about others but my husband got it fix for 45 $ i know its usely more then 70 and up

when i first got my charger for it it was fine but about a month later it got loose and now it keeps getting looser and looser that i have to hold it to charge it so i have to keep on getting new ones, can someone help me?

Raj Gabani, of course you already figured that the port is soldered to the board.

This video shows you how to properly remove the charging port:

The part is available at places like this or on here. Hope this helps, good luck.

Thanks a lot. I will let u know how it went.

How do you Replace Pins? Send me the email at 3toisyougaming@gmail.com!

The video here shows this machine hovering over the charge port. can this procedure be done using a standard solder gun?

Has anyone actually replaced the usb port on their own? I bought a replacement port however the microscopic pins along the back seem impossible to solder by hand.

First I cover any nearby sensitive components with heat tape.

After that, I coat the solder points in flux while its preheating and then add some lower temperature solder to the pins & mount points. After that it's hit it with 300 from the hayco until you can see all the solder on the port is molten. A pair of tweezers works great for the removal.

If all went well there should still be enough solder on the board that you can just hayco and drop the new one on. If not I cool the board, clean it, reflux, and go in to rake some solder across the pins. If you get too much and the pins are connected by a glob of solder just clean the iron and use that to wick it away.

Please check this eBay item # 161472762077 for Tab 4 and this one # 181578889439 for tab 3

Part 1---I have dozens of times. It really is not difficult. that being said I am an Electronics Engineer there is a much easier way to do this though. you can get the whole part with the port soldered on already from all over like this one

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1fdJrMXXXX...

Part 2---just make sure that you get the right one for your model of phone. then all you have to do is open the phone without breaking the LCD or the digitizer/screen when you open your phone and be mindful on how to put it back together. a good practice is before you remove anything other then screws take a picture, they will automatically be in order by the time they were took and you can do it just as easy in reverse. last note be careful trying to turn the screws out and open and close the different plugs, it really doesn't take much strength to destroy something on the board if you tool slips off the screw. Good Luck its not as hard as you suspect slow and careful. ~COVACS if you want to see what it takes to dismantle your phone i really like iFixit really cant be beat, correct information and it is clear and concise : https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown

I have a Samsung Tablet with a damaged port I would like to know how to fix it because it no longer gets good connection & I can't charge it please help!

What if you don't have a PC?? I only have the tablet!

Go to IFIXIT.. You can get a new USB port as well as the tools necessary to install it in your tablet on their website.

Buy a charging pad. Then you dont have to fix nothing

is the tab 3 compatible with the Samsung charging matt???

no, this tablet need 2amp and the charging mat is 1amp max

there is no need to fix the port itself if all you are doing is wanting to charge it. You can use the usb port and plug it direct to your pc (the port on the tablet looks to be a pretty standard phone-charging port) or other device that is already connected to an ac/dc outlet. as long as you have the right connection to fit your tablet and a usb connector on the other end, you're good to go.

How are you going to do that "use the usb port" when the port is damage?

I too only have one port and that's the one that's damaged. No chance of connecting to anything

I was told my Samsung tablet 3 needs the whole mother board replaced in order to fix the charging port $60.00 i am being charged is this true or can just the port be changed without relplacing my whole mother board

i got my charging port changed ($85) and then they claimed its the mother board because it stopped working a day later. so now i have a new charging port and the tablet is junk apparently.

I'm in the process of switching 3 ports now in my kids tablets. 1st, it's not hard to do yourself. All parts and tools can be purchased on places such as ebay or amazon for under $10. Just take your time and be patient. 2nd, if your gonna pay someone to do it dont, just buy a new one for almost the same price. And you get a 1 year warranty. 3rd, go on YouTube and watch videos. From personal experience reading how to do it is far worse then watching it get done. Also, make sure you have clean work space. The screws are very tiny and almost impossible to find if you lose track of them.

I offer the repair service, has been doing this for years and have ZERO guarantees in all the time, you need special equipment and skills to do the repair. Many people offering for a lower price but you can guess the quality of work,.. but if you want, just follow my link,. www.citirom.com and check for your model, otherwise please contact me, I can do the repair for alsomt all the devices around..

Some phones got a flex that is removable with the port on, check it out if you have that problem!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuuO4JjD...

Raj Gabani will be eternally grateful.