The 8th generation (E110) of Toyota's best-selling compact car.

check engine light still on small leak in evap system?

Auto zone turned check engine light off but came back on. It said there was a leak in the EVAP system. Gone unfixed, will that cause problems later on and how much does it cost to have it fixed??

I should've said that I did replace the gas cap with a brand new one but it didn't help. A mechanic told me regarding EVAP check would entail blowing smoke or fog into it but may not even show leak then. I live in fla. so we don't have to have an emission sticker. Anyone have a ball-park cost to do the fogging it and to fix it?

Did you get the OBD scanned and do you have the code?

Vicki, check the gas cap first. Insure the gasket on the cap is not cracked, and if so, replace the entire cap. Get the cap at Auto Zone, as the dealer price is too high, and an aftermarket cap is very reliable. There are only so many connections in the vapor recovery system, so it should be fairly easy and not too expensive to have the dealer check it out. The EVAP system is a California regulation, and if that check engine light is on when you go to have it SMOG'd, you won't pass.

What is OBD code?? I'm not too mechanically inclined??Can't spell too good today either. The guy used some little gadget to check it, then told me it said "leak in evap system"

That's really all I know. He didn't tell the actual code.

Gas Cap Fixed It For Me.

Check engine light gone.

Vicki Valdez will be eternally grateful.