Apple released the MacBook Pro 15" Unibody with a new aluminum upper case machined from a single aluminum block.

2480 Questions View all

Worn out key board letters MacBook Pro

Hi. The keyboard on my good old MacBook Pro 15" Unibody Mid 2009 is worn out. I almost tap through some of them when writing, (and forget where the letters are…).

Is there a way to change some of them without changing the whole upper case (MacBook Pro 15" Unibody (Mid 2009) Anti-Glare Upper Case)?

Best, Steinar

MacBook Pro 15" Unibody (Mid 2009) Anti-Glare Upper Case Image
Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment
New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

1 Answer

Chosen Solution

If the caps are worn you can pop them off and replace them independently. Follow this YouTube on how to pop them off Popping the keycap and you can order the caps from here TheBookYard or PowerBookMedic.

If the switch unit for the given key is unable to make contact so you don't get the letter or digit to show on the screen then you'll need to replace the complete top case. Follow this IFIXIT guide MacBook Pro 15" Unibody Late 2008 and Early 2009 Upper Case Replacement or MacBook Pro 15" Unibody 2.53 GHz Mid 2009 Upper Case Replacement depending on which model you have.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0


Thanks a lot for quick and very helpful advice.


Add a comment

Add your answer

SteinarSland will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 8

Past 30 Days: 55

All Time: 1,047