Model A1419 / Late 2013 / 3.2 & 3.4 GHz Core i5 or 3.5 GHz Core i7 Processor

screen hinge loose tilts

Is possible to tighten the iMac screen hinge without completely dismantling the computer. some claim a plastic card pushed in above hinge with release a clip allowing asscess to torx screws ?

Any news on this?

I made a fix for this. www.themachack.com

Most Helpful Answer

Simple solution: A rubber crutch tip placed between the monitor and the stand holds the monitor position securely and can be very easily adjusted in about 5 seconds. Cost: $0.29.

Simple fix: A rubber crutch tip to support the screen is infinitely adjustable. Mine has been in place at least six months with absolutely no problem.

The newer iMacs have a newer foot design.

Your idea of a plastic card was the means to gain access to the foot screws to replace it for a VESA mount on the early '12 and older units. Sorry won't work here.

Here's some background: iMac 27" stand removal.

Given the age of your system I would try going to Apple for repairs.

I think that you can add glue and duck tape and it will fix it while quacking

Albert - Nothing to tape or glue here. It's possible the counter weight spring has sprung! Which in this series is a bear to get to as the complete system needs to be taken apart to get to the part.

I never thought of this before. just purchased a bear. is polar correct? It matches the color of my iMac better than other bears

Albert: Your silliness is not helpful.

scoot will be eternally grateful.