Repair and disassembly guides for Samsung printers.

Why does my printer suddenly says the toner is not compatible?

I've been using my Samsung SCX 340 printer for a year and half and last week, it stopped printing.

I got this error message : "Not Compatible Toner cartridge" whereas I had been using the toner cartridge for a while already but it wasn't empty.

Do you know what could have gone wrong?

Many thanks,

Estelle

To determine if it is the printer or the cartridge, try a new cartridge. If it works, you know that you have a bad cartridge. If it does not work, your printer has communication issues with the cartridge. Let us know what you find.

i have a same problem in samsung scx-4521fs "Not Compatible Toner cartridge" what can i do i repast a new toner but i get the same problem

toner cartridge is not compatible

what can i do

Samsung blocks the use of third party toner with software updates!

I am an American in Egypt with a Samsung scx 3405 acquired locally and had my family bring me a legitimate new cartridge bought at Office Depot as the one in the machine ran out of ink. It turns out that American cartridges can not work on SCX 3405 models made outside the US. Stupid!!!

Most Helpful Answer

Try this: Power off the printer. Remove the power cable for more then 10-15 min. Remove the cartridge. Check it well. You must have a small board with golden pins on it (usually 4 pins). From this place the printer communicate with the cartridge (in the cartridge you have a small board with a memory i.c).

If this not help you'll need a specialist. The problem can be in the printer and/or in the cartridge (more probably in the cartridge).

Regards.

Thanks for your help. I tried that. I also thought that the problem came from the fact that I was using a refilled cartridge and not an original Samsung one.

Therefore, I purchased a Samsung cartridge. I could make 2 copies but the error message reappeared.

Bad news. :-( You must go to a service.

Hi guys!

I had the same problem with my Samsung CLX-3185 but I finally FOUND THE SOLUTION!!

Someone mentioned that it might have had to do with the receptors (the four golden pins) on the toner cartridge, and I thought that might have been the case since all four of my other cartridges were working just fine but the cyan one just kept coming back with that error message.

This is what I did. I simply took the cartridge out, used my shirt to clean the golden pin areas as well as my fingers. Gave it a good rub, and then shook it a little put and put it back in. Then it instantly started printing again and the error message was gone!

Side note: my toner cartridge was a refillable one, and not one from Samsung as well.

This worked wonders for me and finally resolved my problem!! It was that simple. Hope this helps everyone else :)

I have the exact problem, my ML 1675 V 3.11.34.00:08v (I presume thats the driver) I added paper and it didn't start again. I have the correct cartridge as it worked a minute b/4 I added paper. Tried all these things no go, called Samsung support they were very helpful... tried the same things as I had prior to the call still no go.. bottom line was I was advised to go to their website and BUY a new printer. I thought that was nice, I know this one wasn't expensive (a cheap-o) but it served my purpose and with only approx 250 sheets used I am a little peeved off. Don't have it repaired unless it was very expensive. dumped it.. go buy another brand..

I had the same thing happen with my Canon PC940 copier. One day, copies were great, the next time I used it, they looked like the toner had run out. I live in an area of high humidity so I suspected that the toner may have clumped together. I put the cartridge in the oven at 150-175 degrees for two hours and, voila, everything began working again.

That's not "the same thing" at all. This thread is about a Samsung printer's evil efforts to reject a working toner cartridge with a "We disagree with your rights, therefore your toner cartridge is incompatible" message and a refusal to print on political, not technical grounds. Your message, on the other hand, is about a different manufacturer's printer having trouble with its toner, and your interesting solution of baking it in the oven. That will not fix the Samsung problem here unless you accidentally clean the contacts in the process.

i have samsung scx 4729fd

erorre not compatible toner catridge???

yuo can help me

I bought a new cartridge for my ml-2165w printer I have tried everthing I still sannot get it to work please advise

I have the same model of printer but I have never had such problems.... Have you ever replaced the toner? Are you sure that you bought the right model or was it qualitative enough? It is very important! I have seen here hardware.be/printkop/brother a lot of toners for almost all printer models but I have never tried it. Although the reviews of this shop are positive. Have you ever tried it?

good morning all

when ever you refill Samsung toner cartridges < make sure you replace the chip also, there is no compulsion to buy Samsung original Cartridges.

for any help pls do email me - anthony@digitalinfotech.net free support for all fellow humans who want to save planet by re using printer cartridges.

if you could help i have a C1860FW samsung printer, and i bought M504S Magenta ink and its says its not compatible, i asked more then a shop and they confirmed that this is the right toner .. any idea can you help please

Firmware for the printer was probably upgraded along with your drivers. All the new drivers make anything but Samsung toner incompatible. If you have the original installation disk, delete the drivers you are currently using. Use your original installation CD ROM and reinstall the original drivers.

Can any one have old drivers that comes with printer model scx 3401 so too can avode updation issue for refill toner cartridge. Send link or pl. Upload in google drive.

I have the Samsung M2875FW. It takes cartridge #D116L.

I had the "toner not compatible" message on the printer and it would not print. What I did was unscrewed the plastic piece containing the little circuit board with the four contacts. This plastic piece covers the entire rear face of the toner cartridge. Once you remove the two screws, it easily unclips. I then replaced the plastic assembly from the defective cartridge with the one from my working cartridge that I was replacing.

Be careful while doing this not to mar the black roller on the front of the cartridge.

After doing the above procedure, the cartridge was recognized and printed perfectly.

We bought a toner about 5 weeks ago. The two red lights are coming on and we can't print. Some ink is coming out.please advise

Try going onto the Samsung window and search for more printers. The Samsung always keeps changing it's compatible code, which is very annoying. The code should be something like 192.168.1.20. I had that compatibility problem myself. The 192.168.1.68 wouldn't work, so I used the 192.168.1.70. When that wouldn't work, I used 192.168.1.72, then I used 192.168.1.66. Finally, when THAT wouldn't work, I used 192.168.1.73, but that is subject to change. Hope this helps.

But those numbers are not likely relevant to your printer because I use a different model. The Samsung window will help because it auto searches for the compatible code.

Estelle Lafforgue will be eternally grateful.