0

Adam Hintz
1k

iPod sometimes skips songs

My iPod generally works fine, but sometimes my iPod will play around 3-5 seconds of a song, pause for a couple seconds, and then skip that song and proceed with playing the next. Has anybody had this problem, or does anybody have any ideas of what the problem might be? Thanks.

1

markus weiher

does this always happen with the same songs or is it completely random ?

It's completely random. I probably listen to around 20 songs per day from my iPod, and it happens every few days.

Adam Hintz,

there are a few possible solutions for that problem. i would try the following steps (one at a time ;-) ) hard reset, restore, checking the hdd for errors (depending on your computer win/mac). the skipping problem comes sometimes from failing/fragmented hard drives, a desoriented iPod or the iPod has problems with vbr encoded tracks.

markus weiher,

I've already tried hard resets, and I just wiped my iPod and am restoring everything. I'll let you know how that works out.

Adam Hintz,

ok, thanks ;-)

markus weiher,

I'm listening to my iPod to see if I can hear it again. I just heard a slight pause, but it didn't change songs (this sometimes happened before, but changing songs after the pause was more common). This isn't sounding good :/

Adam Hintz,

0

Nikolia
31

try checking those songs in iTunes mine was doing the same thing and i went into iTunes and tried to play them, and it played the exact same amount that it played on my iPod and skipped to the next song. I just reimported the songs that it was skipping and it fixed everything. Hope this helps!

Edited by: Nikolia ( )

The songs play fine in iTunes, thanks for the idea though.

Adam Hintz,