Canon's Rebel XT is one of Canon's original consumer dSLRs. Also marketed as the EOS 350D and the EOS Kiss Digital N.

Why won't my pc or mac recognise cf card?

When I go to down load the pics from My Canon 350D the card will not be recognised. I have tried a new card reader and have tried new cf cards on PC and imac, but neither seem to detect the card.

Many thanks.

Computers do not "recognize" drives (memory cards is essentially a thumb drive) due to formatting (MBD) issues.

That neither a PC or a Mac can read the format could be caused by a camera writing a proprietary format, or the card being damaged. The only other possibility for why a Mac could not read a format is that it is formatted NTFS by Windows older Mac's can not read this format - new Mac's can read- but not write to this format. Never erase or format a camera card on a computer that must be accomplished in the camera only, by the camera's software/OS or your risk making the card unusable by the camera.

If this answer is acceptable please remember to return and mark it.

David Henry will be eternally grateful.