Monster M7 Tablet

7" tablets sold mostly by Walmart. Nice little tablets except for a VERY common Micro USB problem.

Can I fix broken USB Port on Monster M7 Tablet?

My M7 Tablet uses a micro-USB port to charge, recently while unplugging the tablet, the entire charging port came out... Is there a way to fix/repair this at a reasonable cost? I have searched the web, but so far cannot find a "take apart" video or parts supplier...

Model #M71RD-32

UPC #827396523230

can you fix the charger part of the monster m7 tablet

by nene

I'm STILL waiting to get mine back. Sent to them the start of August. (It broke like all others after only 4 months of light use). Same story, they're "testing" it. DON'T EVER BUY MONSTER, THEY DON'T STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS. Worse yet, they say they'll fix it then they steal it from you until you give up. WALMART WON'T STAND BEHIND IT EITHER, WORSE YET THEY ARE STILL SELLING THE SAME TABLET WITH THE SAME KNOWN DEFECT!! It's been over 12 weeks now, maybe I'm getting closer. They aren't fixing them anyway, they are sending "new" tablets as replacement. These have the same flaw and will fail the same way. I guess that is their reason, by the time I get a tablet back, the 12 month warranty will be over so it won't matter when it breaks again.

by Chris Peters

That happened to mine and i sent it in it took them 6 MONTHS before i got a replacement, Now this one is not Charging This Company is the worst!!

by Heather

any updates i need to send my daughters in the usb port just fell out

by nathan

Mine did the same thing can it charge by the other port???

by samjacksoniii333

You should be able to get a repair shop to do this for around $40, they just have to be capable of micro soldering.

They only cost $50 so why pay $40 to fix? Where do you live you can get it done for $40? Everywhere here charges $69. More than the tablet. They told me to buy a new tablet, a name brand, or a company who stands behind their product. Even if they were fixing them over at monster they should not have it 12 weeks or as some have said 36 weeks. If they kept mine that long Id be paying them a visit

by love4talent

there are a couple of companies on eBay to fix it for $25

by Sam Braswell

I have only had my m7 for 4 months and the power port fell into the tablet. I contacted monster and they want me pay to send it to a servicer. This was not acceptable as I said only had for 4 months. They also said if user abuse it would cost me $45 and I sent pictures to show it was in perfect condition. There are blogs all over the internet concerning this issue. I contacted Walmart and they said it was not their problem. The Monster m7 is a great performance tablet but the workmanship is very poor quality. The product was bought by everyone in good faith and the product should be reliable in good faith, but Monster is very aware of the port problem and they still sell it anyway. Consumers need to raise awareness about this and Monster should recall and fix the tablet at no cost to the buyer. I am now stuck with a $100 paperweight. DO NOT BUY MONSTER M7 TABLET IT IS GARBAGE!

I wish I would have read your comment before purchasing it. the Exact same thing is happening to me. I only had the tablet for 4 months and now the port is broken.

by Derrick

Karen you are right I bought mine and one month down the road my tablet charger port was bad the little teeths broke off. And the same thing was told to me by monster they are a bunch of thieves. So I took it to a place that fixes them and they told me it wasn't worth it to fix it cause It was going to cost me more than what I paid for. What a nightmare $100 bucks down the drain.

by ivonne

I have dealt with the same thing my charger port suddenly wasn't holding a charge when Iwas plugged it in the only way is if u left up on the plug in part that goes into the tablet when this happened I only had my tablet for a month if that. Since then my tablet has gotten very slow, it doesn't acknowledge when I go to click on a app to open it for about anywhere from 15 seconds to almost a minute most of the time. I have even reset it back to factory twice now. I'm very disappointed and very irritated with this product.

by Deb

I got my Monster tablet for Christmas. After a few months of use, mostly listening to music, the charging port came out. We followed their directions, took pics, documented what happened and sent it back. I was supposed to get it back within 6 weeks, fixed. At 5 weeks I called, the phone was always answered by the same person, and I was always told the same thing, it was in the lab being tested. At the end of 6 weeks, I was told that it was in their lab being tested. I contacted the Better Business Bureau, that took another 3 weeks, that they were given, they contacted me on the last day. I was told that they had to send me a knew tablet, in black. Mine was purple. I told them I wanted a purple one and wanted to know what was wrong with mine, I did not get an answer. I refused to take the black one, I ended up waiting another two weeks for a purple one. I have now had this other "new" tablet for three weeks, and you guessed it, I can not charge it! The charging port did not fall out yet, the charger does not stay in the port, even the new charger that WalMart sent. Monster headphones are amazing, the tablet is crap, a huge waste of money. After dealing with them and talking to the same two people each time I called, I believe that it is only run by a couple of people ripping off innocent people. They are a scam company that whoever sells their tablet is going along with. I believe that whoever has a problem with these tablets after only a few months, and the problems are all pretty much identical, should get a full refund. I would never recommend this product to anyone.

by uglich69

The exact same thing happened to me but i bought 2 for Christmas for my boys. We are now in August and still no word & no tablets. Im getting ready to file with the BBB but i need to verify the address for the company..can some one help me with this..? I don't want to file a complaint for the wrong company.

by Sally Rodriguez

Keep emailing walmart's customer service. Eventually they will get tired of us complaining and do something. They STILL continue to sell this tablet. I am insisting on a refund as I don't expect to get my tablet back from warranty repair where it has been for over 6 weeks now. They keep telling me it is in the "testing stage". It just makes me angrier when they try to feed you crap you know is a direct lie. Your wasting your time with Monster, they are just throwing these in a pile and ignoring us. Anyone who has gotten one back, and I've only heard of 2, got a different tablet back with the same defective charge port. They aren't fixing them or "testing" them. They are counting on us to give up and go away.

They're not in any kind of testing stage, its called selling crap and having truck loads to try and repair, their so back logged in repairs its taking that long to fix them all! We should get a website going and file a class action suit against this less than professional company, and add wal mart in there too, after all they're selling the junk and know about the problem too. They should have to reimburse monies for shipping their junk back to them. Maybe we can make it a walmart problem. They should have to put a sign up that reads, "Monster Tablet M7 Everyday low Price, for everyday problem." These are so awesome well offer a 15 day return, after that you're on your own! BTW mine quit charging on the 30th day of use! Is that a record? LOL. Its not about the money, its the principal of it. We buy something it should last more than a month when it has a year warranty

by love4talent

I totally agree with the class action lawsuit! I ordered 5 of these for each of my kids for Christmas 2013. My daughters charging port broke within the first couple months. I finally got an email back with the confirmation to send it in for repair in April 2014. I sent it in and kept checking and emailing and calling them only to hear the same thing. We finally received a brand new one on November 11th 2014! She didn't even have it a month before the charging port on that one fell out! I was livid when I called and emailed them. They sent me a check for a refund for her tablet. We haven't had any problems with the other ones until now. Now my youngest sons is not wanting to charge due to the cord not wanting to stay plugged in....

by Melissa Iaccarino

Walmart will NOT do a thing about the tablet. All Walmart does is sell it. Once it is purchased and opened/used it is the manufacturers responsibility to rectify the issue. Walmart is not to blame. They provide options for the consumer and it is our responsibility to research the product prior to purchase. I am in the same boat as all the others here so to be clear I am not defending walmart just stating a fact.

I contacted Monster Corp. They are fixing mine. It did the same exact thing. Below is how I contacted them. I called the phone number first.

Tel #: 888-853-4128

Service: service@mymonstertablet.com

Support: support@mymonstertablet.com

I purchased two tablets for Christmas last year they both did the same thing one with in a month and the other 7 months later both have the sub charging plug in part stuck inside the tablet. I am now trying to get a hold of them .i believe this is a defect in that model of tablets do not buy that monster tablet,! Thanks I hope they help me, dianeproeber@gmail.com

by dianeproe

Im on my 3rd replacement and its broken. I gave up and didnt send it in. Bought my wife a galaxy tab 3

by Chris Kelley

**Update from my September 9th post** Well I finally received the brand new tablet they said they would send....BUT..I'm afraid I'm going to have the same issue. Also, the broken replacement they sent me the first time around that was "fixed" already has a lot of play in the charging port. Not too happy about the whole deal, but I do have a brand new one I can try to sell for at least $50.00. In all it took 13 to 14 weeks from the day I shipped them my tablet to the day I received my brand new one. All I can say is call every other day and speak with Jose. Just try to remember when you are speaking with him, he is just the manager try not to take it out on him. Jose helped me tremendously and he is the one that got me in touch with George in the resolution center to get the new tablet.

It took 4 months and a hundred phone calls and emails...I even contacted the CEO Mr. Lee...finally I was put in touch with George (thanks Jose) finally very flusterated i asked if we could settle this without the help of BBB...with in a week I had a new tablet.

Do you have a phone number still possibly? They had mine almost 7 months now:(

by alison

Do you have the CEOs number still?

by alison

Yes post it! We can all give him a call!!

by love4talent

They've had my tablet for 8 weeks now. (Their email lies and says typical turnaround time is 3-6 weeks and I have yet to hear of anyone who has gotten theirs back in under 6 weeks) I sent an email and got the typical "just tell the customer SOMETHING" email stating "your tablet is in the initial testing phase"... initial testing phase 2 months later? Really? How do companies like this stay in business? And what the heck is there to test? The charging port is broke and flopping around loose inside the tablet. How do you "test" that? Sheez, I could have fixed the thing myself in an hour if I knew I was going to deal with this type of sub par customer service.

Filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and was immediately contacted by repair company. I told them I'd rather have a refund, but didn't expect it. They offered a full refund and I received my check a few days ago. Was very surprised. If you all are still having problems you need to register the complaint with the BBB.

by Dennis Moore

Ive been waiting for mine to "be repaired or replaced" for almost 7 months now. I talked to an actual manager ONCE on a Friday, he said he would call me that following Monday to either tell me "we've sent a replacement.", or "The repaired tablet is in the mail..." that was 2 Friday's ago:( I am so upset. I had it LITERALLY 3 weeks and the charger usb got pushed in.... I can't find a corporate number to call, and nobody ever calls me back or picks up the waiting line. !#^&@@

Common sense would tell you to check the product before you use it, if you look at the charging cable and you would see that the prongs are larger then they should be, so you can avoid the problem in a whole by using a different cable.

We did use a different Cable.... The charging ports are crap....

by Melissa Iaccarino

Im about to tear into this M7 screw their warranty. Lets take a peek at the innards! I know the port is not broke on mine just loose. Needs the ol' cord wiggle to charge! But lets look at the design flaws of this puppy and see what is so magnificent that it takes six months to test!? LMBO!!

UPDATE** I sent my tablet in Aug 29th and they received it in two days. I followed up in the 2nd week of October (around 5 weeks) and they told me my tablet was being tested. I waited two more weeks and called back and they told me that since it has been more than the "normal" time that I would get a call from a supervisor. I waited three days and eventually called back and requested a supervisor "Jose". Jose went to the lab and got additional information on why it was taken so long and called me back. long story short they sent my tablet with the port repaired and a new charging cable. Hopefully this time it will last and won't have to deal with the runaround.

It should last a long while now, mine has, except for a foot breaking the screen (and the tablet still works) the tablet is really a good one for the price and features. Too bad the manufacture has a poor quality department, who did not catch the f

law before they shipped to the customer...

It took about 6 months, tons of emails, tons of calling them and I finally got my tablet back from the repairing it. It took longer to "TEST IT" than it does to build one. Terrible customer service.

Bought two for daughters Christmas presents. On the 29th of dec one has already failed. Wal Mart has a extended return policy for holiday gifts. Normally tablets have a 15 day RETURN POLICY from purchase date. With holiday gift policy I have until Jan 10 ..I printed wal marts easy return receipt and there web page has tablets in stock.Now I have to make the actual return. I plan on reinforcing the usb before charging. The tablet performs very well BUT UPGRADING THE ANDROID OS is a must do.My daughter loves her tablet and only wants to exchange.

I can't believe Walmart still sells this tablet. I bet nearly every one that gets any use has a relatively soon failure of the usb power connector on the tablet. I'm not an engineer and I don't know what the problem is but they all break. They've had mine since August 2, I recently filed a BBB complaint per the recommendation above. I got a confirmation but thats it so far but it's only been 2 weeks with them now. Actually the warranty is run out now as I bought it slightly before Christmas 2013 so what am I left with if I ever even do get anything back? I loved the tablet. It was cheap, fast enough, had gps (though no compass unfortunately), hdmi output. I was completely satisfied with it until the charge port broke. I used it alot as I travel for work so I had live google traffic with gps that worked nice along with traffic cams etc with my freedompop hotspot (that works!!) I've never had a device where the usb connector broke and I've got a bunch of them. If I were you I'd take them both back and take a chance on something else, these are a sure bet to fail, sorry, just my opinion.

Is the model number m71bk a new model type or still the same? Just got mine today and I have some time to get it back to Walmart really want to know

My brother ordered one for christmas after 2 days of bairly charging it charging port came out, my mother called and they sent a replacement and just a few days later the charging port in the replacement comes out also. My mother called once again and told them to send the money back and she would send the tablets back. The person on the phone said they would send someone out to pick them up but no one ever came out. People dont buy anything from monster.

dum me i bought one and same problem wal mart said my return had run out factory doesn't answer maybe try to fix it myself

Did you try to fix? Guess that's what Im going to do, I fix a lot of jacks on notebooks and phones, I just did not want to mess with being a month old. Pretty sad you can not buy something and have a company stand behind it. Think I do a Youtube video on the repair so I can show everyone how to do it and BLAST the M7 a little more than it already has been. You'd think their turn around would be getting quicker after 2 years of selling this junk. Its not rocket science, although they should have this repair down to a science. I WILL NEVER BUY ANY THING WITH MONSTER ASSOCIATED WITH IT! NO TABLETS/ HEAD PHONES/ CABLES or EVEN IF THEY MAKE THE NEWEST LATEST AND GREATEST THEY CAN SHOVE IT!

by love4talent

I sent mine in to get repaired May 2014, I talked to Jose the "manager" tech number 1271G, for the second time 04/02/2015, was told he would call me back the next day after he tried to locate the tablet, after he cuts me off and informs me he's doing all of this research for me. No call no nothing. They basically stole my tablet. I don't know what to do, nobody helps and you will wait on hold for 40 min sometimes just to hear the line go dead. I'm beginning to think I sent it to a scam company.

I had the same problem. Still waiting to get mine back. It was sent in August. Its April! Don't buy this product. Terrible company and service. Can't get answers and emails say the same thing every time.

I have been trying to get the company, LTI to fix my tablets for over a year. I was finally given one tablet back after repair, but the tablets charging plug was not replaced and will break the tablet again eventually if used. There was a repair auction for $25 on Ebay, but I feel the company who designed the tablet and supplied the wrong charging plug should repair the tablet.

Therefore, I just submitted a complaint with the BBB against LTI Computer, INC., 398 Lemon Creek Drive. STE L, Walnut, CA., 91789-2648. I suggest that you contact the BBB at BBB.org and file a complaint to get better service, as I would not advise you dealing with the company yourself, as they did not treat me with any respect and honor their repair statements.

BBB Complaint Case# 415968 (Ref#11-1024710-415968-3-200)‏

BBB Complaint Case# 415968 (Ref#11-1024710-415968-3-200)

Actions

Better Business Bureau (sanjose.jg@bureaudata.com)

Add to contacts

8:03 PM

[Keep this message at the top of your inbox]

To: MR Sam Braswell

sanjose.jg@bureaudata.com

Complaint ID#: 415968

Business Name: LTI Computer, Inc.

Thank you for contacting BBB. Your complaint was received by BBB on April 29, 2015 and has been assigned case# 415968in our files. Please make a note of this number for future reference.

Your complaint has been applied to the following business:

LTI Computer, Inc.

398 Lemon Creek Drive Unit L

Walnut, CA 91789

The case has been reviewed and has now been forwarded to the business for their response. This business has until May 23, 2015 to respond to your complaint. You may contact our office after May 23, 2015 to check the status of your complaint.

You can buy an usb port and fixit for 1-2usd... very easy solder...

I don't believe you know what you are talking about. I taught soldering at a junior college and I would not recommend anyone even trying it unless they don't care about getting a refund or replacement/fixed tablet.

Scott will be eternally grateful.