Complete disassembly and replacement guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, and iPhone 7 Plus.

set phone down in condensation...home button doesn't function now

Home button doesn't work at all now - everything else does. I set it down next to a glass of ice water on my granite counter and didn't see condensation! Home button worked for two days off and on, now it doesn't work at all. What should I do here? Thanks

well - the main steps are pretty easy to tell:

disassembling, cleaning, checking, reassembling ;-)

here are the guides to the 3 iPhone models.

open it as described and take a look at the home button - i would guess that there is some "white" stuff under it and that would make some problems - it would simply short some stuff inside the phone.

clean it carefully with rubbing alcohol and a soft paintbrush, let it dry (really dry) - after that, reassemble it and try if it works

mac will be eternally grateful.