1

Swright
13

GE side by side refrigerator, freezer

GE side by side Refrigerator is not cooling and freezer not freezing its making a ticking sound like a clock. Pull fridge out it sounds like it coming from the control panel on bottom right

My refrigerator is still cooling, but I'm having that ticking problem as well. I thought it was a warning of some kind. I tried replacing parts, but nothing has helped. Let me know what works for you! http://www.calgaryapplianceservice.net/e...

Julia Carlson,

What parts did you replace?

James,

1

eman05
943

1

James
25

The clicking noise most likely means the hard start capacitor is bad and well need replaced. With out the hard start capacitor the compressor will not turn on.

If changing the hard start capacitor does not fix the problem then the compressor may be bad.

0

Dessy Anaiwan
1

You can take a look at http://www.appliancesconnection.com/ge-s... for evaluating features about GE side by side refrigerator.

I saw no repair help here, just sales information.

mayer,

0

Thurman
1

Also check the evaporator fan motor. This is usually located on the freezer side. If it's not turning then the fridge will not operate properly. You can hear it / or not on that side. Tear down the freezer side and look behind the panel door. You may have to remove the ice maker to properly get to it.

As a temporary fix you can spray it wil silicone lubricant to get it back going again. But like I said that is temporary. A full replacement is needed.

May as well since you tear it down already.

This might have been good information 7 months ago when the question was asked.

mayer,