0

David Sesnovich
1

Installed new battery and Keyboard, Trackpad stop functioning

I bought a new battery online. It was bought on New Egg and i installed it and attempted to calibrate. During my attempts I did a Pram and SMC reset. After this happened, my trackpad and keyboard stopped working completely. I am able to use the mac through bluetooth keyboard and mouse but otherwise no luck. I dont see how this could be a hardware problem unless there was some type of short circuit. Im out of warranty with apple so Im hoping to be able to fix this on my own. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , machead3 ( )

1

machead3

Yes a short in the cable to the logic board might do this… so might a lose or improperly connected ribbon cable to or from the track pad.

Go over all your connections again. Pay close attention to locking vams, ribbon cable insertion and check the cable for nicks or cuts. Ensure the connection to the logic board is square and locked in.

If this answer is acceptable please remember to return and mark it.

Edited by: machead3 ( )

Thanks for that. In fact there was some ribbon unattached near where the battery is situated. After attaching that Im back to running! Thanks. Now Im still having a problem with the new battery. It shows a 2 percent charge and not moving at all. Not really sure what to do with this battery. Let me know if you have a suggestion. Thanks!!!

David Sesnovich,

Leave it charge overnight… a new battery shouldn't really need calibrating… contact newegg… sometimes batteries fail straight out of the box. - For future reference you posted a Comment in the place where only Answers belong. Please use the add comment link'' to the appropriate Answer or update your O.Q..

machead3,