The Sony Xperia Z is an Android based phone that was released in 2013. It is one of the largest phones of the Xperia family with a 5-inch full HD display. Model numbers include C6603/C6602.

How to unfreeze phone?

While in record mode, my phone has frozen. How do I unfreeze it? I've tried turning the phone off, but nothing happens. I've tried taking the SIM card out, but nothing. How do I take the battery out of this phone? Will that work?

Thank goodness almost thought I am screwed, you're awesome my phone is my mobile assistant imagine loosing everything as I cant backup every day, jeez thank you for the advise. LOVE YOU!!!!!!

veryyy gudddd

Thanks,its veryyyyy goooooooooooood

It worked, thanks for the help. It's good to have internet

thanks it helped ,now its working

Try holding the power button and volume up button at the same time, until the phone gives three short vibrations. Then it will turn off, and you should be able to start it again as normal.

thank god I found your answer, I was already afraid I'd have to completely reset it, since all the other websites and stuff suggested doing so. Who would've thought it's that easy. Really, thank you so much, this saved me a lot of trouble.

(I also casually made myself an account just to tell you about my absolute gratitute hahah yeah)

DUDE!!! LIFE SAVER!!!!! It happened to me while taking pictures, Worked like a charm! Awesome!!

dude you're awesome ,thanks

OH MY GOODNESS THANK YOU!! I took it into Bell today and the guy said i was S.O.L and would have to get a new phone! Its not even a year old! I was furious!!! Thank you SOOO much!!! So much good KARMA please to go your way! xo

really it works! it's been 7 hours since my phone stuck up, can't turn off.. and i just did to call my phone until it will become battery empty but i'm so !@#$ tired waiting,, thank you!!!

It didn't work for me but this did (I got this answer from another website)...

All you need to do is a simulated battery pull

A simulated battery pull will simply tell the phone to reboot, to turn itself off and then back on. This simple tool is amazing for a frozen or locked up Sony Xperia, or if your phone is showing a white/blue/black screen, if it’s having navigation problems, or for any reason you can’t seem to power the phone off yourself all you need to do is the simulated battery pull.

To do a simulated battery pull on a Sony Xperia you basically follow the same steps as you would when doing a simulated battery pull on the Motorola Atrix HD, all you have to do is hold the Volume Down button and then the Power key and hold these two buttons down simultaneously for about 15-20 seconds. After holding them down for about 20 seconds if the phone didn’t power cycle then release the keys and try and turn the phone on like you normally would by briefly pressing the power button.

Thank you roxsox, the simulated battery pull was the only thing that worked for me as well.

yay now that 3orked ty!

Thank you so much I was going so mad that I was ready to throw the phone across the room as I was trying what other people said but that still did not work but thankfully yours did so thank you again

Yep that trick with the down button and power worked amazing..because when it froze on FB ..I could do nothing.. it is a sealed unit... I was bit worried.. Thank you

i will say there can be number of issue of this problem .first you have to unfreeze the phone in order to perform any trouble shooting just follow How to Boot phone in safe mode and

first clean the phone from junk and remove any other software from system which is making your phone slow and freezing . try and see if that works . Gud luck

Was stuck on front page, holding down button at same time as power plus took out sim card and reinserted worked :)

ty gilchrist will be eternally grateful.