Improved second generation Google-branded tablet with a 7" screen.

Cracked screen touch screen unresponsive

Google Nexus 7 2nd Gen

Screen is cracked would like to replace, also screen is unresponsive, I am wondering if replacing the screen will correct this or is there something else I may need to buy too?

on my nexus 7 2nd gen only half of the screen works what do i need to buy to fix it?

Most Helpful Answer

where can I get it fixed because i'm afraid I might mess up if I try fixing it by myself? (list at least 2 places please)

i cracked my nexus and only half the screen woks what part do i neede to fix it

No no no.If the digitizer is cracked,it is unresponsive for that reason.Need new screen.I would take it somewhere :)

Is Asus the only place you can get a replacement screen and digitizer?

Basically,you need to make sure that the digitizer is clean before putting it on,also make sure that the lcd or led screen is clean.You need to get on ebay or anywhere honestly(as long as it is legit) and search the exact screen you need.Sometimes ebay sellers' screens are not very-well built.Luck.You can search "how to install screen on....."Sometimes they make it look easy,but it isn't really.Luck... :) Seriously ask anything else.I will try to help :)

I have recently had this problem, and i found a solution. You will want to buy a OTG cable, ($3 at walmart). Next, connect the cable to your Nexus. The last step is to also connect a mouse to the OTG cable (wireless works best). A courser should come up on the screen. The mouse enables you to access your Nexus as you would normally would.

Lkranz will be eternally grateful.