Belt replacement on mod. 917.276020 mower
How do I replace the ground drive belt on my 25hp, 48" cut, Craftsman Lawn Tractor mod.917.276020
Is this a good question?
David, this from the manual:
"TO REPLACE MOWER DRIVE BELT
MOWER DRIVE BELT REMOVAL
1. Park tractor on a level surface. Engage parking brake.
2. Lower mower to its lowest position.
3. Remove screws from R.H. mandrel cover and remove cover.
4. Remove any dirt or grass clippings which may have accumulated around
mandrels and entire upper deck surface.
5. Disconnect R.H. suspension arm from rear deck bracket by removing retainer
6. Carefully roll belt over the top of R.H. mandrel pulley.
7. Remove belt from electric clutch pulley.
8. Remove belt from idler pulleys.
9. Check primary idler arm and two idlers to see that they rotate freely.
10.Be sure spring is securely hooked to primary idler arm and spring arm.
11.Install belt in both idlers.
12.Install new belt onto electric clutch pulley.
13.Carefully roll belt into upper groove of R.H. mandrel pulley.
14.Carefully check belt routing making sure belt is in the grooves correctly.
15.Reconnect R.H. suspension arm to rear deck bracket with retainer spring.
16.Reassemble R.H. mandrel cover.
Hope this helps, good luck.
Was this answer helpful?
Past 24 Hours: 1
Past 7 Days: 11
Past 30 Days: 92
All Time: 5,907