Toy

Comprehensive set of repair guides for playthings for children of all ages.

Furby Boom not speaking

Bought a 2x Furby Boom for my two kids 3 days ago. one of them does not speak any more, just moves. Any ideas on how to fix it?

I just did surgery on my sons furby and fixed this problem. His would move and no sound would come out. Keep the Furby on and go to the right side of the Furby which is where the speaker is located. Cut a small slit in the fur, small enough that your kids won't notice. if you look underneath the fur you will see the speaker. It is plastic and it has a whole bunch of holes in it. Right under the plastic there is a membrane sort of things. I found it when I took a nail or something small and pokey that fit through the holes and gently gently pushed on the membrane in certain spots it would start making noise again. Must have a short or something in it. Once you find the spot that let's it start making noise again find a very small, about a centimeter long, machine screw which is the kind that don't have a point on the end of them but are flat instead. Screw it into the hole until it pushes against the membrane and leave it there, and that should keep it talking. This should keep your kids happy

by mchristinaking

Carlos Ortega, here is my answer to a similar question " I would get to the "tummy switch" and check the circuit from there. You do have a couple of choices here. Check the switch, then the speaker. Check the connector for both. You will need a multimeter to check those. Follow the schematic to work on your Furby's voice, and check on here for directions on how to skin the Furby." Hope this helps, good luck.

Most Helpful Answer

Easy as pie.

Remove fur fixing plate around the battery enclosure. Carefully roll back the fur to reveal the speaker housing.

Using a long thin object, carefully push into the upper holes and prod the speaker membrane. A t some point you will hear the Furby's voice. Keep a note of that hole then take a cotton bud (q-tip) and cut the buds off. Now using that straw push into the hole that you identified. Snip bud and super glue in place. Result.

I like Old Turkey's idea, but it might actually be easier to just fly to China, find the 12-year-old who made your Furby and ask him to fix it. Hope this helps, good luck.

I fixed it by hitting gently the side with speaker on, or give it a whack ! Fixed!

Carlos Ortega will be eternally grateful.