What can I do my Honda is running on 3 cylinders

a honda repair shop said i would also have to have a new computer part so that the car will send gas to the fuel injection. The also suggested that it would be smarter to get a new engine then to have it rebuilt. Ive only owned the car for a year and a half and now i might as well see what i can get from junking it, great.

Marlene, what engine size does your Honda have and how many miles do you have on it? Have you tried to get a print out of the on board diagnostics (OBD)scan?

Its a vtec 2.3L 4 cyclinder. No I do not have a print out. But il enquire into one. The want 500 to 600 to put a used computer part then they have to reprogram it to except the new computer piece just so my car will allow the gas to go to the fuel injection

Change the spark plugs, change the plug wires.

If there is fuel getting to the other three injectors, perhaps you have a bad injector so you can remove and clean or change that.

Start with the inexpensive stuff and work your way out to the more expensive. I'll bet you can find a used ECM on ebay or at a local junk yard for under $80.

Just to add to this, I was right about ebay. Here is an ECU for$69 or best offer and there are plenty more where that came from.

The location of the ECM/PCM is in the center console, under the radio. As you can see from this PDF on page 2.

Good luck,

please let us know,

thank you Frank . i posted another question if you have time please review, you probably already answered it but if not any information will be greatly appreciated

Marlene will be eternally grateful.