Parts & Tools

The Apple iPhone 5c was announced on September 10, 2013. Repair of this device is similar to the previous models, and requires screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 8, 16, 32 GB / White, Pink, Yellow, Blue, and Green.

Not sure if I need to replace digitizer as well as screen?

I slipped on a patch of ice and landed on my phone, which I got just over a month ago. I don't know much about replacing parts on iPhones and want to try and replace it myself as I saw that there are some video tutorials online.

It looks like there are little bubbles under the bottom middle part of the screen. The rest is cracked all over. Also, in 2 places it looks as if there is some yellowish-brown stuff under the screen.

Do I need to replace anything other than the top screen? Help me please! I don't want to overpay.

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Most Helpful Answer

There is some yellowish-brown stuff under the screen. It means that the LCD screen is broken. But the LCD screen has been compressed with digitizer. Separating them needs technichal skills which are only mastered by the factory. So I recommend you to buy LCD screen with digitizer whose price is just a little higher than the LCD screen.

This website shows an original iPhone 5C LCD with Digitizer for your reference, http://bit.ly/1iEGzbS .

The yellowish-brown stuff is very faint and doesn't really pose a problem unless the screen is white, even then it is not very noticeable Could I get away with just replacing the top screen? Or will the yellowish-brown stuff worsen over time?

I forgot to add in the first question that when I press hard on the screen, I can see almost a purple color (I think) bubble things on the screen that are only visible when I press hard.

Also, thank you so much for such a quick response and helpful link!

Abstractmotor will be eternally grateful.