iPad 3 4G

Third generation of iPad, featuring 4G capabilities, released on March 16, 2012. Model number A1430. Repairs require heat and careful prying.

Can a Scratch on LCD be repaired

Hi theres probably not going to be a solution but is it possible to remove a scratch on the LCD.

I have scratched the LCD on this screen repair i was doing.

I do take extreme care when replacing screens but the screen shattered on this one & the tool i was using to get the shattered bits of glass off slipped

Its not a deep gouge you can't feel it if you run your finger over it but it is a white line which won't go when i use alcohol cleaner.

Is there any tip for cleaning this up apart from replacing the whole LCD (i have already ordered a replacement & its on its way)

Any help here would be greatly appreciated

Most Helpful Answer

I've actually tried nearly every "LCD Scratch Removal" technique under the sun with spare LCDs we've had lying around the shop. Simply put:

Nothing works.

The only real way to come back from a scratched LCD is to replace the LCD. I'd suggest replacing the scratched one with a new one... but keep it around. You may be surprised how many people with broken LCDs are willing to live with a scratched LCD at a discounted price.

I had a feeling nothing could be done but hey i had to ask. Cheers

by kenny

kenny will be eternally grateful.