0

kenny
35

Can a Scratch on LCD be repaired

Hi theres probably not going to be a solution but is it possible to remove a scratch on the LCD.

I have scratched the LCD on this screen repair i was doing.

I do take extreme care when replacing screens but the screen shattered on this one & the tool i was using to get the shattered bits of glass off slipped

Its not a deep gouge you can't feel it if you run your finger over it but it is a white line which won't go when i use alcohol cleaner.

Is there any tip for cleaning this up apart from replacing the whole LCD (i have already ordered a replacement & its on its way)

Any help here would be greatly appreciated

1

Josh
1k

I've actually tried nearly every "LCD Scratch Removal" technique under the sun with spare LCDs we've had lying around the shop. Simply put:

Nothing works.

The only real way to come back from a scratched LCD is to replace the LCD. I'd suggest replacing the scratched one with a new one... but keep it around. You may be surprised how many people with broken LCDs are willing to live with a scratched LCD at a discounted price.

I had a feeling nothing could be done but hey i had to ask. Cheers

kenny,