Second generation of iPhone. Model A1241 / 8 or 16 GB capacity / black or white plastic back. Repair is more straightforward than the first iPhone. requires screwdrivers, prying, and suction tools.

Identify part that fell out when repairing

After following the step by step instructions on replacing broken glass a small silver piece and circular part fell out. It has the letters h-f on it. Can you tell me what this is and where they belong?

It fell out right after step 6. when I disconnected ribbons 1,2,3. and removed the glass from the mother board.

A larger view of the part.

Post an image of your part with your question. It will make it a lot easier to identify.

SKIP THE UPGRADE

Save by fixing with an all-in-one kit.

Shop iPhone Fix Kits

SKIP THE UPGRADE

Save by fixing with an all-in-one kit.

Shop iPhone Fix Kits

Most Helpful Answer

Hello! It is the "MIC" of iPhone 3G. Show u as below pictures.

It belongs to complete dock assembly replacement. So I think you need to replace this spare part.

Here is the replacement part , http://bit.ly/1bLJiwc . You can know more at this website.

Hope will help you.

can you make the picture bigger?

also you didnt mention at whatpoint it fell out

I cant find a place for it either, could it have come from somewhere on the broken glass screen? I would try finishing the repair as normal and seeing if it works then troubleshoot it from there. If it turns on, check all the settings and buttons and make sure they are working.

Jodee Hartman will be eternally grateful.