Nintendo handheld device released February 2011, identified by model number CTR-001.

How do I unscrew a stripped screw on the lower case?

Well i got a problem with my 3DS when i recognized that my Internet doesen´t work, i´ve thought that my WIFI board is defect so i tried to open the 3ds with a ph000 screwdriver everything went fine except at the lower case part i had to remove those 9 Phillips screws

and i could only unscrew 5 screws the other 4 screws were stripped because i put too much power on the other screws so that they were stripped. So does anyone have a solution how do i unscrewed those little stripped screws on my 3DS?

Most Helpful Answer

That is sad my friend but all is not lost,being an Certified Electronic Technician for 45 years I wish I had a dollar for each one but here are my top 2 stripped screw removers.

#1: take the philipps that you used and get a new one to go with it and lay it close to your game console,heat the tip of the first Philpps to fairly hot,quickly put it into the head of the stripped screw for about 20 seconds,now very quickly use the new Philipps to try to remove the screw,if that does notwork try a flat head that will fit into the crosses,you may have to do this several times on some screws on thing I learned is it is not an exact Science.

1. 2:Take the new Philipps and get some epoxy glue the kind with 2 tubes it is stronger,mix a small amount and put a smaller amount on the tip of the Philipps standing up strait as you can,I used electronic hepling hands but 2 Cardboard boxes will work,this is the hard part now wait the full 24 hours for the glue to hold full strength,you basicly only get one shot with this one so do not push sideways on the screwdriver be careful and good luck.

Bob

Scream at the screws saying to get the &&^& out at 10,000+ decibels. The extreme vibration will force them out.

Well, it will also shatter your skeleton and your 3DS, but at least the screws will come out.

Only 4 years late.

I get bored a lot...

If the screws are completely stripped this probably won't help but I used to have the same problem until I started using WD-40 on all the screws in the lower housing before trying to open 3DS consoles up. I spray a bit into a plastic cup, dip the tip of a straw into the cup and drop a tiny bit into each screw hole. After leaving it to sit for about an hour the screws are much easier to remove, though they still require quite a lot of force.

Can we use olive oil instead of wd40

wiha will be eternally grateful.