The wi-fi only version of Apple's iPad Air, model number A1474. Available in Space Gray or Silver, it packs the custom A7 processor and ships in 16, 32, 64, and 128 GB configurations.

iPad Air sleep magnets for cover location.

Hello all,

I would like to modify a Targus iPad Air that I really like a lot to make my iPad sleep/wake. As the cover I have purchased does not do it. I do however have a bunch of small Neodymium magnets laying around the house. And was wondering where the sleep magnets are located as I can not seem to make it sleep just by moving the magnets on the surface of the iPads front surface.

Should be around the home button

Great can you tell me how it works? I mean do I need to magnets or just one? to get the ipad to sleep/wake..

Did you check out the Apple case design guidelines? It has all of the info for creating your own cases. Apple just updated it to include the newest iPad air & mini with retina display.

Also there was some units who's magnets were not installed properly. Here's an article which describes the problem Known Issue: Some iPad Air and Smart Covers Not Aligning Due to Magnet Placement

I just torn apart the original cover for iPad air and found 23 magnets. My main issue is the polarity. If someone found out how to solve this out, please share your experience. Thanks

Magnetic viewing film may help.

TimC will be eternally grateful.