Skip to main content

Fix Your Stuff

Right to Repair


2.26 or 2.4 GHz / White plastic unibody enclosure

763 Questions View all

Which Keyboard can I use as replacement?


I have my mothers MacBook Unibody Model A1342 Mid 2010 Serial: W80222UJF5X and I am looking for a keyboard replacement, because of a liquid spill. I know that it is a bit tricky, but I have some experience and would like to try to repair it myself.

Unfortunately I cannot find the right keyboard replacement. I am a bit confused by modelnumber and missing part number. It is a US-Keyboard. Do you know where I can get the right one, or how do I know if it is the right one?

Another question is: Do I have to replace the backlight of the keyboard as well?

Thanks a lot for your help!


Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment

1 Answer

Chosen Solution

Part Number(s): 661-5396, 661-5590, 818-1098, 605-2396

take the whole palmrest to save your energy

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1


thanks for your quick answer! I am in Germany right now.

would this also work?

those partnumbers are for the whole upperbody right?


I dont speak german but it seems to be the right one

My partnumbers were for the whole palmrest with keyboard

If you are confident with replacing the keyboard and have free time go for it


Add a comment

Add your answer

Sebastian1293 will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 0

All Time: 157