Motorola's first phone since Google purchased the company; released August 23, 2013. Model XT1058.

Cracked screen, Whole assembly or Glass Lens Cover?

I'm kicking myself for dropping my brand new Moto X, which now has a huge crack across the front. I saw the display assembly replacement guide, but the part is fairly expensive. After doing some googling I found this part but am guessing it's a scam, and I will need to suck it up and get the more expensive part. What is the least expensive way I can fix my screen?

I ended up sending it to Moto, because they only charge $200, and the best price I could find for the screen was for about the same.

I've never cracked a screen before and the Moto X definitely seems more fragile than other phones I've owned. I got a screen protector and case for it, so it doesn't happen again.

Beware, that link in the question now leads to a page that won't close and wants you to call a supposed "Microsoft tech" to fix your system. Do not follow the link!

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Hi there,

you have 3 options.

1. (Most expensive and obvious option) Call Motorola and ask them how to solve the issue, they may offer to replace the screen at a price.

2. Visit a local tech store that do screen replacements, they usually provide good deals and may be the best option.

3. Visit the eBay mobile phone section try to find a good deal and purchase a screen separately then replace it yourself. This will be the cheapest option but you may mess it up and completely break the phone.

Here is a review to help if you choose that option: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lEuVmsiB...

Good luck.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1160688

mobile phone lcd supplier

As a note: Motorola has been offering a deal if you purchased your Moto X thru the Motorola Store (Not your Phone Company) Where they will do a Screen replacement once for free. This may have changed, but I'd read about this only a few days ago.

where is the information the address or phone number of

moto repair shop please .thanx VAHAG NAZARIANS hammock@msn.com

o

Motorola charges $100 to fix it. Add $250 as a refundable deposit if you want a "new" one first.

Local tech store replacement costs around here were about $80-100.

The tools and glass assembly was about $20-25 and looks like a super pita.

Update. I just learned (after placing the order) than the $100 charge is an "estimate". Well I guess we'll see...

so what was the final cost ?

I found one online. A replacement screen and tools for 8 bucks. Its way cheaper to do it itself. As a repair shop will rip u off for 200 plus.

Would be great if you can share where online you found it..

I broke my moto x with a drop of just a feet..its a big screen dispair where the tough is working absolutely fine.

Whats the best way,is it not possible the replacement without changing the whole assembly.

I am kicking myself more Harder.

India,Bangalore

how u replace the screen,, can u plz call me

We can fix the moto Broken screen at lowest price. For more details visit https://www.facebook.com/FoneZoneSolutio...

IF you are in Viet Nam please Visit this:

For english

Repair Motorola Moto X Glass Lens

For Vietnamese

Thay kính moto X Gen 2

davidsonenberg will be eternally grateful.