Motorola Moto X

Motorola's first phone since Google purchased the company; released August 23, 2013.

Cracked screen, Whole assembly or Glass Lens Cover?

I'm kicking myself for dropping my brand new Moto X, which now has a huge crack across the front. I saw the display assembly replacement guide, but the part is fairly expensive. After doing some googling I found this part but am guessing it's a scam, and I will need to suck it up and get the more expensive part. What is the least expensive way I can fix my screen?

I ended up sending it to Moto, because they only charge $200, and the best price I could find for the screen was for about the same. I've never cracked a screen before and the Moto X definitely seems more fragile than other phones I've owned. I got a screen protector and case for it, so it doesn't happen again.

by davidsonenberg

Hi there,

you have 3 options.

1. (Most expensive and obvious option) Call Motorola and ask them how to solve the issue, they may offer to replace the screen at a price.

2. Visit a local tech store that do screen replacements, they usually provide good deals and may be the best option.

3. Visit the eBay mobile phone section try to find a good deal and purchase a screen separately then replace it yourself. This will be the cheapest option but you may mess it up and completely break the phone.

Here is a review to help if you choose that option: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lEuVmsiB...

Good luck.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1160688

mobile phone lcd supplier

As a note: Motorola has been offering a deal if you purchased your Moto X thru the Motorola Store (Not your Phone Company) Where they will do a Screen replacement once for free. This may have changed, but I'd read about this only a few days ago.

where is the information the address or phone number of moto repair shop please .thanx VAHAG NAZARIANS hammock@msn.com o

by harmick

Motorola charges $100 to fix it. Add $250 as a refundable deposit if you want a "new" one first.

Local tech store replacement costs around here were about $80-100.

The tools and glass assembly was about $20-25 and looks like a super pita.

Update. I just learned (after placing the order) than the $100 charge is an "estimate". Well I guess we'll see...

so what was the final cost ?

by mohit

I found one online. A replacement screen and tools for 8 bucks. Its way cheaper to do it itself. As a repair shop will rip u off for 200 plus.

Would be great if you can share where online you found it..

by vaishnavi17

I broke my moto x with a drop of just a feet..its a big screen dispair where the tough is working absolutely fine.

Whats the best way,is it not possible the replacement without changing the whole assembly.

I am kicking myself more Harder.

India,Bangalore

We can fix the moto Broken screen at lowest price. For more details visit https://www.facebook.com/FoneZoneSolutio...

davidsonenberg will be eternally grateful.