The RIDGID R84015 X2 is an 18v, 1/2 inch chuck, cordless drill.

Battery no longer holds a charge

The 18v batteries for my RIGID tools (drill and reciprocating saw) no longer hold a charge.

The charger even signals that one (I have 2 packs) of the batteries is defective (blinking red & green lights).

Do I have to replace the packs (over $100 each) or can I possibly replace the cells inside the packs?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

paulk524, you can replace the cells. Take a look on here . Biggest issue will be to open the battery pack. Once you have it opened, the repair will be similar to this Repairing a Cordless Drill Battery or this one Repairing Black and Decker - TS221 Ranger CD2000 Battery Should cost you no more than around $40 to rebuild the battery. Hope this helps, good luck.

The charger blink red & green lights when charging the battery. I think the batteries is dead. You can replace the cells inside the packs. This is inexpensive.

But, you can get a replacement battery for is. The replacement one is as good as the GENUINE. And, the price is low.

You can go to view this drill battery store: drill battery in UK

paulk524 will be eternally grateful.