Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Lost bottom screws and clearance after repair

After I swapped my touchscreen and the rear panel I lost the screws for the bottom of the iPhone. Now I want to buy some knew ones and need to know the exact specifications. I also have problems with the clearance between the rear panel and the metal frame, which might be due to the absents of the screws. Has somebody some experiences with that. I fear that I bought some low quality rear panel.

Hi chrisp,

I recommend buying a set of new screws. You get them here for under $2.

The clearance issue might be related to the missing screw(s). However, I would double check (and partially disassemble the phone again) what the real issue is. And when the new screw set arrives, I would give it another try.

Steffen

chrisp will be eternally grateful.