Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

What is this small rubber block?

This fell out during a screen replacement. It is not the rubber grommet that protects the ribbon cable from the motherboard. This is almost a cube in shape, solid rubber, had some adhesive on one face of it. Fell out when I was putting the logic board back in.

http://oi39.tinypic.com/5z3320.jpg

Anyone know what it is?

Most Helpful Answer

It goes between the right hand side of the bottom speaker it's like a cushion and isn't needed

While I an not completely sure what it is, I have seen it before around the camera, most likely there to provide spacing and a little bit of protection for it. If you are worried that not having that in your device would impact any performance or suitability, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Ash

it goes under the bottom speaker box I believe

axforts will be eternally grateful.