1998-2002 Honda Accord

2.3L 4cyl or 3.0L V6, 6th Generation

How do I replace the front turn signal lamp?

The left turn signal flashes rapidly. I replace the fuse, then the rear turn signal lamp. I was going to replace the front turn signal lamp but there appears to be a lot of things in the way. Is there an easy way to replace the drivers-side turn signal lamp?

Unless things have changed a lot, a rapid flashing usually indicates the flasher circuit has an issue, like a bad cap...

by Dave

Hey! It's the other Dave!

by Dave

You have to get up under the fender splash guard. Turn your wheel out of the way to the right. Pry off the black splash guard under the fender. Use care not to bust any plastic snaps, but if you do you can get new ones at the dealership or even a parts store.

Reach up under the splash guard and follow the wires to the turn signal lamp, twist to remove, pull the bulb out and replace with your new bulb.

Careful not to touch the bulb directly with your fingers or it may blow soon.

Reverse everything to put it back in.

Good luck,

Frank

The front turn signals are indeed hidden beneath the front fender liners. I'll have a guide for this procedure on iFixit sometime in the future...

by Miroslav Djuric

My 1998 CRV's left turn signal started flashing rapidly, the local auto parts guy suggested running the hazard lights to see if any were dimmer than the others, turned out the left front bulb was burned out, and as it has two filaments, it will still light, but dimmer than that on the other side. To change it I removed the screws along the left side of the front bumper cover, there are four to remove to get the left side to pull away from the body so I could get my hand in behind the socket, then just twist and pull the socket and bulb out.

Assembly in reverse order. I believe this is easier than pulling the splash shield. Just be gentle, and bend slowly to avoid cracking the cover

Dave will be eternally grateful.