Dell Latitude E5400 Notebook computer is powered by an Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 / 2.0 GHz and features a 14.1in screen with a max resolution of 1280 x 800 ( WXGA )

How to remove bios password?

I would like to reinstall windows vista OS on my dell latitude e5400 but I do not know the bios password to change the boot drive sequence.

The Systemem Number: 8M6F5N1-2A7B

#D5TVP4J-2A7B Nomber of this password dell

i have my dell latitude E5400 with service tag HWM674J, service code.. 389-774-580-67 and reference number 08066 .which i forgot the bios password and i want to reset the password pls what can I do

Most Helpful Answer

I have had to deal with this issue in the past. These are the solutions that worked for me:

1) Unplug or remove the CMOS battery AND main battery OR check for BIOS jumpers on the motherboard. This will reset the BIOS password (this may not be an option on your model).

2) Contact Dell Support. Give them your Service Tag number. They will need to verify ownership, but will be able to unlock your device.

3) There are several online services that will provide you with a master password for a fee based on your Service Tag number. Do an online search.

4) Take the device into an authorized Dell repair facility. They can unlock the device for you as well.

5) There are lists of master passwords based on your Service Tag and laptop model ( I have had limited success with this option).

6) IF ALL ELSE FAILS - Replace the motherboard. The BIOS is encoded on a chip on the motherboard, which you can replace. For your particular model, it is only about $80.

Link

This computer system, #FWBC12S-2A7B, is protected by a

password authentication system. You cannot access the data

on this computer witout the correct password

Please type in the system or administrator password and press (Enter).

The recommended way is to go to manufacturer with service tag# and model# and they will reset your passowrd.

you can also try dell passwords dot com. you can also look for a jumper reset on your laptop motherboard. for that you can follow tutorials available on you tube to unlock password for bios.

Try Hiren Boot CD or Hiren Boot USB boot computer with Hiren CD/USB and follow on screen instruction to change bios password.

Good Luck.

Jumper resets on the motherboard have worked in the past, but I don't believe those are an option anymore on the newer laptops.

hi,

Remove the battery and press the power button for more than 10 seconds, it will reset the bios settings to factory default.

All the best.

does not work

Franklin Teamer will be eternally grateful.