0

Becky
1

How do I fix the ac plug in?

The power adapter won't stay connected when I try to recharge the battery or run it on a/c power. I have to forcefully hold it in place. I've checked the cord and it is okay.

1

Sully Kubillas
55

Hi

Your laptop DC jack is probably bad ou got unsoldered from the board hence having to force it in place to get it working. You should disassemble the laptop and get accces to the motherboard and dessolder the DC jack and replace with a new one as ressoldering the same may be temporary solution. Google for a tutorial on your laptop disassembly or try in Youtube.

I hope having helped you,

Sully

0

David Metcalf
1

You can probably just replace the whole DC board. For my model (N53), it cost $12 on EBay. By the time you find, buy and match a new socket instead, solder it, test it etc., it may not be worth the effort.

0

Adel ELMAHDY
1

hi ,

in general the Dc jack is soldered on the board. the internal partie in cooper do not touch the Board . cause of life time of soldering with usage . so the best solution is to resolder the cooper part on the upper board correctly .

After that to make sure that all going alright use a voltemetre

put the the negative side in the ground of on of your USB entry

put the positive side on the pinees of the battery on after one at Volt 20 V DC

there is 3 pins should give you 3.65 V every one .

A good soldering at scratched cuivre is excellent..

D onot forget before soldering to scratch the cuivre of dc jack that touch the upper side of the Board . that makes the solder more strong.

Good luck

Adel- Technician

Edited by: Adel ELMAHDY ( )