Fourth generation of iPad, released November 2, 2012, available in 16, 32, or 64 GB models. Model Number A1458

How much heating I need to put on when taking apart

it is mayby little funny quastion but i need to know how much heat i need to put on the ipad 4 screen to take it apart. i mean the tempertur of the heat gun..

soory for bad english i hope you all understand and will help me out

You may want to get this tool kit from IFIXIT iOpener. While a hair drier will work you don't want to over heat the adhesive with a heat gun. Besides, you'll need something to wedge the display which this kit also has.

iOpener Image

Product

iOpener

$12.95

Most Helpful Answer

All you really need is a hair dryer and a tool to remove the digitizer screen. You need to apply heat to the edge of the device until it is hot to touch. Once you have done that, you slowly begin to pry open the screen a little bit at a time. You will need to apply heat each time to continue to pry open the screen. I would suggest placing something like a guitar pick to maintain the spacing once you've begun lifting the digitizer. Better yet, order a repair kit and get the proper tools for the job.

Do i snor need heatgun ? And if i do that how Much heat i put it too 300 c or ?

70-80 ° Celcius works very fine for me. Never damaged a LCD or other part on the iPad due to heat. I'm using a heatgun from Steinel, model HL 1910 E. This model allows to set temperature in 9 different stages starting with 50° Celsius. I've put a reduction nozzle on the heatgun to direct the airflow more precisely.

i set my heat gun on 130 celcius.

heat parts 5-8 cm at once.

Mohammed will be eternally grateful.